The SQL Server DBA will provide primary support for the organization’s data repositories
This position is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading the organization’s data repositories and associated interfaces.
The individual in this position will work with managers of each functional area to identify and prioritize data information needs and requirements. This will include conducting gap analyses by reviewing the use of existing reporting tools, and determining the need to enhance, add, replace, or develop new reporting capabilities.
Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with customers and user departments.
Available nights and weekends for emergency support assistance.
- Implements, supports, maintains, and troubleshoots interfaces between multiple disparate software applications using an interface engine
- Administers the database management system(s) in use by the organization, including configuring hardware and software in conjunction with and according to vendor specifications
- Coordinates, installs, and tests changes or new versions of the database management system(s)
- Planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the database(s)
- Ensures database documentation is up to date, including data standards, procedures, and definitions
- Identifies reporting requirements and writing complex SQL queries to extract the information, trends, or patterns contained in the data
- Validates the results of SQL queries with end users, and presents the data in an intuitive and visually appealing way, which may include tables, pie charts, bar graphs, or other diagrams
- Applies database best practices, including troubleshooting skills and experience to ensure that enterprise data is available at all times
- Develops, maintains, and participates in disaster recovery plans
- Participating in health information integration, exchange, and interface projects and initiatives
- Communicates with support staff to ensure that problem, change, and incident management processes are performed at defined service levels
- Initiation and follow-up on the change management processes necessary for the effective use of the user system.
- Documents system procedures and standards specific to the organization's installation.
- Maintains user-level understanding of assigned systems’ functionality and report generation tools.