The Robinson Group is handling a newly created position - open to transferring an H1b visa AND relocation help.
The role is an SAP ABAP Developer with business facing skills.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAP ABAP Developer:
Will be providing complete technical solutions for enhancements. Will assist the Analyst in documenting end-user business requirements. A Senior Developer works with the Analyst in proposing a functional design, with emphasis on meeting both local and global best business practices in a timely manner. Following functional approval, the developer executes the design using the appropriate programming language (primarily ABAP). They then follow a test plan to ensure system correctness prior to user testing and signoff. Finally, the Senior Developer documents their technical design, and may be asked to provide training to either end users or fellow team members. An SAP Senior Developer is not strictly a technician, but does possess superb technical talent. The Senior Developer must also have good analytical and communication skills, and interact directly with End Users and sometimes End User management. SAP Senior Developers may be called upon to lead projects of a more technical nature such as upgrades or hotpacks. Senior Developers may also lead the data takeover effort during SAP Implementation projects. Travel in support of projects may be required as needed.
- · Meet with users or Core Team Analysts to define business requirements in sufficient detail to determine the appropriate SAP development required. Document the requirements with process maps and input and output specifications.
- · Independently evaluate alternative technical solutions to business requirements and document a recommended design. Investigate existing solutions to avoid redundant development. Provide an estimate of the cost and risk of solution.
- · Document the required functionality, and the technical requirements of interfaces to other systems. Review documents provided by SAP Analysts or other SAP Developers to ensure requirements are understood and that a well-designed, efficient and supportable solution is documented.
- · Code and Unit test programs in accordance with specifications or from verbal requirements. Review suggested changes for improved performance or accuracy with the SAP Analyst.
- · Develop and maintain mapping documents which define requirements for legacy system data to be loaded into SAP. Verify extracted data is correctly loaded into SAP and consistent with the intended mapping.
- · Create test scenarios, perform systems testing and integration testing to ensure quality, functionality, and performance
- · Plan, coordinate, and communicate the deployment of changes to the SAP production system. Possess complete knowledge of the SAP Change Control System and company's Change Control Methodology.
- · Create/update end user documentation and training documentation. Communicate any significant changes to members of the Global ERP Systems SOC team.
- · Provide training on SAP business processes for end users
- · Provide support for the production system, both during office hours and occasionally at night or on weekends.
- · Serve as a Project Leader when required, providing coordination of resources; developing project plans, and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of work performed by the project team.
- · Other activities as assigned
Position Requirements/ Skills:
- · High level understanding of one or more business processes and how these are supported using SAP.
- · Working knowledge of at least one major relational database management system (such as Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server) and MS/ACCESS.
- · Must be fluent with ABAP workbench, ABAP dictionary, dynpro, web dynpro, ABAP objects, ALV, web services, SAPScript, building components, NetWeaver Enterprise Portal, ADOBE forms, and Business Workflow Design/Implementation (UWL & Extended Notifications experience is an added advantage).
- · SAP Travel Management experience is preferred.
- · Must have the ability to work independently and directly with End Users and End User management.
- · Must be a self-starter. Must have the ability to work with little or no guidance. Must demonstrate initiative, complete tasks as assigned and work independently to remove obstacles.
- · Technical skills sufficient for Data Mapping, performance analysis & tuning, OSS interaction, ABAP development and technical specification creation. Also, the ability to develop batch jobs / variants, Unix scripts, and desktop based files/processes.
- · Must have working knowledge of and demonstrate object oriented concepts such as encapsulation, inheritance, and reusability.
- · Working knowledge of SQL trace and Code Inspector is a plus.
- · Exceptional communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with global teams. Must have command of English as a first or second language sufficient for face-to-face meetings, telephone consulting, email, training, and documentation.
- · Must have ability to work independently with minimal guidance. Must have demonstrated ability to learn quickly on the job.
- · Desire, willingness, and ability to promote the Shared Service strategy / philosophy and the Business Process standardization which is a cornerstone of the SAP rollout.
- · Degree in Computer Science or Management Information systems - or equivalent work experience in an IT organization