Individual responsibilities will include development and support of internally-consumed software.
Team responsibilities will include developing new programs, effective transition to operations, working with customers, vendors and service providers, integrating with external systems, providing technical diagrams and documentation, following an SDLC process and enforcing’s coding standards.
- Provide applications development and enhancement functions, including analysis, design, coding, testing, and deployments of device-native and mobile-web applications.
- With limited supervision, work with business analysts and technical architects to formalize specifications for custom development.
- Keep supervisor or team lead informed of significant cross-team, cross-functional issues and/or significant technical challenges as appropriate. Proactively work to solve these issues while including the key functional and/or business stakeholders.
- Analysis and prototyping of new custom solutions, or new requirements for existing custom solutions.
- Provide guidance/instruction to internal, external and offshore resources in the following activities:
- Enforce Application Development Standards.
- Review and approve preliminary technical design of custom applications.
- Attend Knowledge Transfer sessions for all custom work developed prior release of their duties from the projects.
- With limited supervision, develop and enhance custom solutions using approved technologies and platforms.
- Document and perform unit, string, integration, and regression testing in support of new implementations and releases.
- Provide production support, occasionally after normal work hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of IT and software development experience
- 2+ years of mobile software development
- BS in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- Oil and gas industry experience a plus.
- Very strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and a team leader.
- Ability to work without daily supervision.
- Open attitude towards and ability to learn and utilize new technologies.
- Ability to follow a project management methodology process.
- Senior / Team Lead level developer with mobile development frameworks.
- Solid experience with SQL Server, Oracle, HBase and/or PostGre databases.
- Solid experience with Linux and Windows servers.
- Solid experience with IDEs such as XCode, VisualStudio, Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- Solid experience with Application Lifecycle Management using Atlassian Jira, TFS or similar.
- Solid responsive web development expertise including HTML5, CSS, JQuery, AngularJS and JSON.
- Experience with service development and architectures that favor reuse.
- Experience with native iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Foundation, Core Location, Media Player and Core Services.
- Experience with build automation, deployments and Continuous Integration using Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, etc.
- Experience with network and application security best practices and design principles.
- Experience working with Waterfall and Agile project methods.
- Certifications in mobile solution design and development topics a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Works well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions and changing priorities. Ability to prioritize workload.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills to develop functional and technical specifications.
- Must be able to code application components to specifications using applicable technology standards.