The Chief Technology Office looks at promising new technologies coming out of research labs, advanced technology development groups and standards groups world-wide that may apply to Motorola Solutions public safety and enterprise solutions but are not yet in products. The CTO identifies, investigates and removes the risk for these promising new technologies to be adopted by the various product and services groups.
The Advanced Systems Technology and Realization team within the Chief Technology Office develops end-to-end solutions incorporating the latest in new technology, from analysis through to operational proof of concept systems.
We are seeking a multi-faceted System Software Development engineer with experience in communications system software development. The key responsibilities include developing transactional server software for proof of concept event-driven systems, application-level software to drive said system, and developing protocol level software. This encompasses development and integration of server and back-end infrastructure components as well as basic prototyping of end-user client (handheld) devices.
- MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
Proficiency in C++ and/or Java
- Mastery of at least one scripting language, e.g. Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Strong teamwork, creativity, productivity, and learning agility skills
- Initiative to seek out answers and raise appropriate issues
- Experience applying statistical methods a strong plus
- Knowledge of wireless and wired communications protocols and standards a strong plus
- Knowledge of and/or experience with data analytics techniques (machine learning, etc.) is a strong plus
- Development experience on a variety of Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Android, IOS) a plus
- Experience in Application level development a plus
- Proficiency with development and debugging tools, such as compilers, IDEs (Microsoft Visual Studios, Eclipse, etc.), version control, emulators, debuggers, packet capture tools, etc. a plus
- Ability to create / implement simple user interfaces in conjunction with applications a plus
- Hands-on experience with a variety of networking and/or radio communications equipment a plus