- Tune and customize operating systems to support specific applications for best performance.
- Perform root cause analysis of reoccurring application and system issues.
- Develop custom scripts using Perl, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Identify needs and develop technical standards following best practices and how they can be best applied in the environment.
- Review performance of the infrastructure, perform trending analysis, and make recommendations to address capacity needs.
- Participate in system architectural design, procurement, and sizing.
- Perform in a technical and/or team lead role.
- Lead presentations to technical audiences.
- Minimum of 5 years Systems Administration experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Solaris is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Apache http servers and Java application servers, preferably Tomcat, JBoss, is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Veritas Cluster Server or other clustering software is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Perl and/or other scripting languages is required.
- Some experience with Vignette Web Content Management, DoubleClick DART, and Lyris is a plus.
As stated above, for the quickest response, please contact me directly by phone or send me an email with your resume and a good time & number to reach you. **ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED**
Join TEKsystems(*) and get your career on the fast track. As the leading technology staffing and services firm, we are passionate about deploying high˜aliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented Technical Professionals with all levels of information technology and communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has different needs, so we'll work together to determine a suitable benefits package. We offer options to our Technical Professionals that could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a foundation as the nation's largest IT staffing firm, we've become a billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V