- Strong high level architecture and design skills and the ability to apply them to solve complex problems.
- MS in computer science or equivalent experience with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and the ability to apply them.
- Hands-on experience with building, operating and delivering solution on one or more of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, or vCloud.
- Experience with Dev-Ops and automation environments like Chef, Puppet etc
- Experience with virtualization, storage, or networking
- Experience in working with both on-site and off-shore teams to build and deliver high quality products and solutions
- 5+ years of experience in core Java in implementing large-scale distributed systems or other high-performance and scalable systems.
- Experience with building, delivering and operating solutions on Linux and Windows environments
- 10+ years of combined hands-on and leadership experience working with customers to deliver high quality solutions on time and on budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with customers and internal teams
- Experience with production SaaS environments and their operations.
- Database design, implementation, and optimization
Experience with coordination and project management of customer projects
Cloud Practice team is building out a Cloud Solutions Practice to help our customers build, deploy and operate cloud solutions. Our customers include prominent ISVs who are building and implementing Open Stack based solutions and Enterprise customers who are moving their workloads onto leading cloud platforms.
We're poised for substantial growth in 2013 and need to build out and scale the practice to meet business demands. This is a unique opportunity to work with name brand ISV and Enterprise customers and be involved with leading cloud technologies including virtualization, storage, networking, and databases, and shape the future of the cloud market.
We are looking for Cloud Solution Architects with strong computer science and systems background including large-scale distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, and virtualization. In addition to strong architectural and design experience, the right candidate will have strong experience in both building such systems and applications as well as operating them in a cloud environment. In this position, you will work with customer teams as well as internal delivery teams to architect, design, develop, and deliver cloud solutions. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the overall definition of the practice as well as owning and driving significant components of the practice.