Location: Reston, VA
Preferred 1099 or W2 Candidate
Bachelor’s degree required.
Seven + years of directly-related work experience in a professional position in software development or a related field.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Minimum 7+ years experience in Java development preferable.
- Expert-level understanding of the Java programming language, related optimization techniques, and design patterns.
- A strong understanding of common SOA concepts such as: reuse, service contracts, loose coupling, abstract underlying logic, stateless service development, asynchronous messaging, composability, and discoverability.
- A strong understanding of common service implementation technologies such as: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, Spring, Hibernate, and dependency management.
- Must have deep knowledge of Java/J2EE, SQL/PL-SQL
- Proficient in AWS and cloud development.
- Hands-on coding experience building social apps for Facebook and/or Twitter
- Hands-on coding experience building mobile apps for iPhone and/or Android
- Test-driven development and continuous integration experience is preferred
- Experience working in an iterative development environment (familiarity with RUP and/or Agile/Scrum is a plus)
- Familiar with Continuous Delivery and its tools pipeline.
- Familiar with tools i.e. Jenkins, SVN, Artifactory, Jira/Fisheye/Cruciable/confluence etc.
- Experience in establishing software development guidelines and in performing code and design reviews
- Experience in documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
- Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to clearly discern client needs.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
- Passion for staying abreast of new/emerging technologies, tools, platforms and API's.
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, mastery of one or more tools sets, technologies and implementation environments.
- Understanding of modern software engineering principles and practices as well as modern/Web 2.0/3.0 tools and frameworks.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills. Be able to diagnose and resolve production issues in multi-pier, distributed environments quickly.
This position will be subject to a background check.
"What I know today is not as useful as what I might learn tomorrow."
Warm Regards ….. Satish Thumma
IT Recruiter |SCI Group
Phone: 703-349-4662, 571-295-7558Email:email@example.com
- | 8229 Boone Blvd, Suite 100 | Vienna, VA 22182