Note: Overall exp must be 10+ years
Job Title: Software Engineer IV
Location: San Francisco, CA (Locals Only)
Duration: 3+ month’s contract
We are looking for Java developers for a big data project. The Java developer part comes first: candidates for this position must have extremely solid Java and Object-oriented programming fundamentals. They must be comfortable coding in Java, thinking in an object-oriented way, writing unit tests, and refactoring. Additionally, they should have experience with big data technology, and have a facility with data: counting, aggregation, ranking, sorting, as well as data quality and validation. The candidate should understand and have experience with data modeling. Experience with RESTful APIs may be helpful as well.
5+ years Java development experience: writing Java code is the main part of the job. Must be proficient in Java fundamentals, unit testing, and object-oriented techniques and patterns.
3 years of hands-on experience designing and building solutions using big data technologies - candidates should have a deep understanding of at least one big data technology and NoSQL data modeling techniques (as contrasted with relational modeling)
Strong experience with application performance/scalability tuning.
Proficient with build-related technologies such as Git & Maven
Requires a degree in software engineering
Why is the position open?
We need engineers to build the infrastructure for a fast, real-time data store. The positions are located in San Francisco and will partner with team members locally and in Boston. They should be comfortable working with remote team members.
What are the top 3 business expertise or subject matter expertise items this person must display?
1. Experience with Java Enterprise coding - Object Oriented programming, design patterns, refactoring, test-driven development.
2. Experience with data modeling
3. Experience with big data technology at scale, and data transformation and aggregation
What are the top three soft skills this person must display?
1. Must be self-directed, ability to learn independently
2. Excellent communication skills, ability to clearly communicates ideas and issues
3. Ability to think though smaller software engineering problems under the radar