Designation: Senior Software Developer
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 6-12 Months Contract
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work collaboratively with Development and Services teams to fully understand product implementation and context of customer issues.
• Identify core engineering challenges and formulate problem statement
• Develop, implement and maintain software development procedures and methodologies.
• Provides technical leadership in research, analysis, design and implementation to support LOB operations and software development needs.
• Help enhance methodologies related to quality and maintainability.
• Ensure product quality, maintainability, performance, scalability and extensibility.
• Write manageable, modular code, along with automated unit tests.
• Establishes partnerships with internal customers including Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineers, and Systems Architects.
• Mentor other team members and developers.
• Work in team environment and share knowledge.
• Track record of delivering products on time.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, decision making and communications skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a Master’s degree preferred.
• 7+ years’ experience in the design, architecture, and implementation of highly scalable web applications using the following technologies: AJAX, J2EE, JMS/ MQ, XML, XSL, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, JDBC, SQL, HTML, REST, SOAP, and SOA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Solid computer science fundamentals and excellent design/problem-solving skills.
• Experience with scripting and make in Linux environment, Web Application development using Apache httpd, Perl and Perl DBIx.
• Successful development of scalable, high-performance services through multiple ship-cycles.
• Must have experience working with offshore development teams.
• Must have experience with highly scalable enterprise software as service architectures.
• Working knowledge of relational database systems (i.e. SQL Server), languages (SQL), and methodologies.
• Must have the ability to proactively coordinate conflict resolution utilizing sound judgment and decision-making skills
• Experience with Agile Software and Test Driven Development methodologies.