Our client is a New Media Company, whose mission is to change how people read and learn. They are seeking a strong Linux Systems Administrator and you will be responsible for:
- Perform OS/Software installations and/or upgrades as required.
- Planning, design, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, integration, performance monitoring, maintenance, enhancement, and security management.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex systems hardware and software problems.
- Analyze and diagnosis system failures, recover and restore operating systems and file systems.
- Monitor system availability, load, and system capacity.
- Identify requirements for upgrades in storage and/or processor capacity or system software releases.
- Three plus years of Linux system administration experience required, preferably RHEL, OEL, Centos.
- In depth Linux knowledge required, including LVM and SAN Multipathing.
- Ability to set up bonding, LACP and VLAN Tagging on network interfaces preferred.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals, NFS, and iptables required.
- Ability to program in Bash, Perl, or Python required.
- Configuration management tools (i.e. Puppet) required.
We can offer a competitive base salary, full health and dental coverage, 401k plan and generous vacation package.