Java Architect / PHP is optional
The chosen candidate will join a development team responsible for developing a fixed income web portal that offers valuation transparency, analysis and workflow. The system provides users with in-depth reference and market data supporting all fixed income instruments evaluated by my client. This initiative is to build the next generation of information delivery to my clients global clients. The roadmap for the build includes rich front-end features for personalization, workflow and visualization of large data sets.
The candidate should be capable of proposing and documenting software design, analyzing requirements, and presenting implementation options. The candidate should understand the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), be capable of analyzing requirements, be detail-oriented, embrace development best practices, and communicate clearly and effectively with peers and stakeholders. The candidate must be hands on, capable of analyzing existing code, writing new code, testing, debugging and production support.
The application is built using the Linux/MySQL/PHP stack. The candidate must be able to develop code for the targeted environment as well as lead in architectural discussions. It is critical that the candidate be a well rounded developer who has experience developing for projects that have a significant level of complexity and have a thorough understanding of the full-lifecycle of an enterprise-level web development project.
Job Specifications: Technical
- 10+ years of experience architecting, designing, implementing, and delivering advanced PHP or Java based applications.
- Ability to design for large data sets and scalability including understanding of advanced database issues such as clustering, and caching.
- Hands-on ability with MySql, including advanced database design, query generation, performance tuning and profiling in high volume environment
- Good understanding of design patterns with the ability to articulate specific solutions through past experiences.
- Working knowledge with front-end technologies, such as jQuery, Ajax, and JSON.
- Understanding and dedication to software development “best practices” including familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Strong experience with design-for-testability and unit-tests.
- Version control experience with Subversion (or Git)
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting and the Apache web server is a strong plus.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both spoken and written.
Job Specifications: General
- Financial industry (fixed income) experience preferred
- Proven leadership skills with ability to work in concert with other developers and teams, but also possess the ability to work independently to create solutions.
- Past experience as a developer on an enterprise project that used LAMP or JEE technologies, with a demonstrated ability to articulate the architectural solutions applied.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities among different efforts/projects
List REQUIRED degree(s), license(s), and/or certification(s):
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
* Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
m *** andrew (at) gmsadvisors.com