|Location:||Cambridge, MA, US||Posted Date:||2013-09-25 00:00:00.0|
|Cost Center:||267||Category:||College/University Full-Time|
About the Job
Akamai is seeking a Software Engineer to design and develop its next generation mapping system. The day-to-day work of the team encompasses the full engineering cycle: problem formulation, data collection, analysis, algorithm design, code specification, implementation, and evaluation for performance and correctness. The Internet is a complex and noisy environment, and there are no simple answers to the problems the team tackles. This is precisely what makes the job fun and rewarding to anyone seeking a challenge. The job requires a combination of strong coding skills and strong design skills.
About the Team
The Platform Mapping Engineering group writes the software that directs traffic for Akamai's globally distributed network of servers. This code represents Akamai's 'secret sauce', allowing us to manage our customers' Internet information flows with industry-leading performance and reliability.
* As part of this elite team, you will analyze, design and implement system software that brings new functionality, better accuracy, increased reliability, and enhanced scalability to Akamai's mapping system.
* The team relies on the abilities of all its members to develop innovative and elegant solutions.
* You must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
* You must be able to work collaboratively within the team and with other teams at Akamai.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering field or equivalent experience.
* 1+ years experience C/C++ programming in a academic setting
* Knowledge of Perl and/or Python.
* Familiarity with Linux or UNIX operating systems.
* Strong design skills and an ability to tackle abstract, ill-defined problems.
* Ability to work in a small-team environment.
* A strong work ethic and positive attitude.
* Is relocation available for this position: Yes
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Akamai- is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company-s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform- providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.