|Location:||Cambridge, MA, US||Posted Date:||2014-06-19 00:00:00.0|
About the Job
The Akamai Labs team is looking for top-notch engineers with the talent and experience to drive technology innovation, software design, and development within Akamai-s Emerging Products division. The Principal Software Engineer will have significant technical responsibility for getting some of Akamai-s newest ideas into production including some of our most cutting edge inventions in Internet security.
About the Team
The Akamai Labs team is responsible for developing new and innovative technical ideas that extend Akamai-s technical and product portfolio. Located within Akamai-s Emerging Products division, the Akamai Labs team focuses on innovation, creation, and evangelism of next-stage technologies. This exciting and fast-paced team offers the opportunity to work hands-on with technology concepts throughout their lifecycle at Akamai. The Akamai Labs team offers a fun and dynamic work environment coupled with incredibly compelling technical work.
* Work closely with a small team on developing cutting-edge innovations, including some of our latest inventions in Internet security.
* Design, develop, and launch high-availability, high-performance systems that run on one of the most distributed computing systems in the world.
* Provide technical leadership in getting fresh ideas into production efficiently, often from the ground up.
* Provide technical leadership and advocate best practices to the team.
* Education: Bachelor-s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Minimum 8 years experience with systems development with C/C++ in a Linux/UNIX environment.
* Minimum 8 years experience with design and development for large-scale, high-availability systems.
* Minimum 5 years experience with security systems or protocol development.
* Established thought leader in the Internet security community.
* Established contributor to open source security libraries (e.g. OpenSSL, NaCl, NSS).
* In-depth experience using open source security libraries (e.g. OpenSSL, NaCl, NSS).
* Experience with using hardware based crypto acceleration.
* Strong experience with systems development of network protocols (e.g. HTTP, TCP, IP).
* Strong experience with parallel or multithreaded development.
* Strong experience with building systems and code lines from the ground up.
* Strong experience with reading and modifying large software code bases.
* Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About AkamaiAkamai- is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company-s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform- providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community .
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law