Come be part of our talented engineering team in our new San Diego office!
Tired of working on projects that never see the light of day? Have an immediate impact on Bluebeam's premiere edition of its flagship product that boasts a suite of advanced industry specific tools beloved by a large customer base in the architecture, engineering, and construction industries.
Bluebeam's development environment is fast-paced, having product delivery cycles measured in months rather than years. You won’t be given detailed instructions, instead, you will be given a general task, and it is up to you to understand customers’ needs, design, validate, implement and test. If something you worked on doesn’t work, it’s your responsibility to find the right fix. As part of Bluebeam’s eXtreme Team, you will be working both independently and collaboratively to extend the existing functionality as well as develop new eXtreme features. We aren’t formal here. You’ll need to pick things up quickly and be self-motivated to learn, research and ask the right questions about what you don’t know. Think this sounds like you? Keep reading.
To see what it's like to be a part of Bluebeam Engineering, watch this: http://www.bluebeam.com/us/company/work-bluebeam-engineering.html
We are a proactive, positive, tight-knit team with a great sense of humor and passion for our work. Our next team member needs to exhibit these qualities as well as meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field
- Proven Windows Desktop Development experience in .NET technologies, particularly C# and Visual C++
- Familiarity with integrating with open source libraries
- Bonus points if you have a familiarity with the Functional Programming paradigm with languages such as OCaml, F#, or Haskell
- UI Design Experience
- Experience using OO methodologies in designing software solutions.
- Strong ability to analyze vague problem descriptions and formulate effective solutions. Be able to analyze a need and engineer a solution. Be prepared to give specific examples
- Ability to speak and write clear English in order to create documentation as well as interact with end users
- Sharp critical thinking skills, including systems and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution, and sound judgment/decision making ability
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release product environment
- Demonstrated trait of being a self-starter
- Ability to build trust within the development team by developing dependable good code
- Ability to interact in a professional environment. Be able to contribute to technical discussions in a non-overbearing manner
- Be able to see shades of grey instead of black or white when presented with an issue
- Did you take the compilers class in college? Awesome! Big plus here!
Knowledge and Skills
- Architectural, Engineering, design domain knowledge
- Computer graphics including Windows Graphics frameworks (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL) beneficial
- Product Lifecycle Management applications.
- Current industry trends in development environments, tools, and software technology
- Processes relating to developing a released software product
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Cover Letter (And we’d love it to show us a little of who you are and why you are interested in us)
Celebrating our 11th year, Bluebeam Software is a leading developer of PDF-based collaboration solutions for technical professionals. Our award-winning software is used by leading architecture, engineering and construction firms to implement paperless workflows and redefine the way they work, consistently resulting in faster and clearer communication, improved collaboration and reduced costs. Now being recognized as one of the most rapidly-growing technology firms in the United States, we are made up of people who like to push the limits, be different and do great things. At Bluebeam hard work is recognized, new hires are encouraged to share their ideas, and the environment is friendly, energetic and fun.
Bluebeam offers a competitive salary as well as an annual incentive bonus based on performance. Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
Want to see what it's like to work with us at Bluebeam? WATCH THIS! http://www.bluebeam.com/us/company/work-bluebeam.html