Tired of working on projects that never see the light of day? Have an immediate impact on Bluebeam's Flagship desktop application that boasts a suite of advanced industry specific tools beloved by a large customer base in the architecture, engineering, and construction industries. Plus get the opportunity to work on the technology base relied on by other teams here at Bluebeam. Working on the Revu Team gives you exposure to a wide array of technologies such as 3D, Image Processing, and Complex Algorithms, just to name a few.
Bluebeam's development environment is fast-paced, having product delivery cycles measured in months rather than years. You will not be given a 300-page specification and told to “implement this.” Instead, you will be given a general task, and it is up to you to design, validate, implement and test. If something you worked on doesn’t work, it’s your responsibility to find the right fix. You will be working closely with other members of the development staff to extend the core functionality, designed and implemented over the past 10 years, to power new products and take existing products “to the next level.”
To see what it's like to be a part of Bluebeam Engineering, watch this: http://youtu.be/gC5C4LFxhOo
What we'd like to see in you:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Proven Windows Desktop Development experience in .NET technologies, particularly C# and Visual C++
- UI Design Experience
- Experience using OO methodologies in designing software solutions.
- Strong ability to analyze vague problem descriptions and formulate effective solutions. Be able to analyze a need and engineer a solution. Be prepared to give specific examples.
- Ability to speak and write clear English in order to create documentation as well as interact with end users.
- Sharp critical thinking skills, including systems and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution, and sound judgment/decision making ability.
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release product environment.
- Demonstrated trait of being a self-starter.
- Ability to build trust within the development team by developing dependable good code.
- Ability to interact in a professional environment. Be able to contribute to technical discussions in a non-overbearing manner.
- Be able to see shades of grey instead of black or white when presented with an issue.
Knowledge and Skills
- Architectural, Engineering, design domain knowledge.
- Computer graphics including Windows Graphics frameworks (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL) beneficial
- Developing programmatic interfaces to Microsoft Office Applications.
- Printing technology including Windows system printers, Postscript and PDF.
- Product Lifecycle Management applications.
- Current industry trends in development environments, tools, and software technology.
- Processes relating to developing a released software product.
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Cover Letter (Try to show us who you are. If you are going to send us the same one you send to everyone else, we will be bummed.)
Oh! And we made Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™ list AGAIN! http://bluebeam.com/us/press-room/articles/11-13-13.asp