Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://www.bluebeam.com/us/careers/. Be sure to check out our videos and the engineering section!
Tired of working on projects that never see the light of day? Have an immediate impact on Bluebeam's Flagship desktop application that boasts a suite of advanced industry specific tools beloved by a large customer base in the architecture, engineering, and construction industries. Plus get the opportunity to work on the technology base relied on by other teams here at Bluebeam. Working on the Revu Team gives you exposure to a wide array of technologies and project possibilities.
Bluebeam's development environment is fast-paced, having product delivery cycles measured in months rather than years. You will not be given a 300-page specification and told to “implement this.” Instead, you will be given a general task, and it is up to you to design, validate, implement and test. If something you worked on doesn’t work, it’s your responsibility to find the right fix. You will be working closely with other members of the development staff to extend the core functionality, designed and implemented over the past 10 years, to power new products and take existing products “to the next level.”
What we need to see in you:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Proven Windows Desktop Development experience in .NET technologies, particularly C# and Visual C++
- UI Design Experience with WPF
- Experience using OO methodologies in designing software solutions
- Strong ability to analyze vague problem descriptions and formulate effective solutions. Be able to analyze a need and engineer a solution. Be prepared to give specific examples.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp critical thinking skills, including systems and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution, and sound judgment/decision making ability
- Understanding of MVVM design pattern and how to write testable code
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release production environment
- Demonstrated trait of being a self-starter
- Passion for writing strong, dependable code
- Be able to see shades of grey instead of black or white when presented with an issue
What we'd love to see in you
- Architectural, Engineering, design domain knowledge
- Computer graphics skills including Windows Graphics frameworks (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL) beneficial
- Experience programmatic interfaces to Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of Printing technology including Windows system printers, Postscript and PDF
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management applications
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send the following:
- Cover Letter (Try to show us who you are. If you are going to send us the same one you send to everyone else, we will be bummed.)