Cigital is looking for a full-time Managing Consultant based in the Dallas area to help manage our security consulting practice in the southwest.
Cigital, Inc. is the leading software security and quality consulting firm. Established in 1992, Cigital plans and implements initiatives to help ensure customers have secure software.* We improve how they build and deploy software, and we have fun doing it. The daily news gives you a taste of what companies face, but if you*re in our field you get to see how serious these problems really are.* Whether they*re banks, TV networks, or game designers * when businesses get serious about software security, they call Cigital.
This is a position that requires you have a unique blend of business development, account management, and application security technical knowledge. As Cigital engages with clients to propose and deliver our software security services and products, you will have direct responsibility for developing strong and lasting relationships with clients, effectively identifying and selling follow-on work to clients, assisting sales in selling new business to clients, ensuring contracts are properly managed and serving as an effective escalation point for client issues and problems on engagements.
- Solid experience with application security; thorough knowledge of SDLC
- Sufficient* applications security knowledge to effectively communicate the value of our services to the client and translate that to revenue
- Understanding of software development processes, technologies, architectures, and practices, and software risk management
- Proven ability to deliver security strategy and solution implementations to clients.
- Superior and highly effective client interface skills
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to manage to Time & Material, Cost Plus, and Fix-Priced engagements*
- Experience running small consulting/delivery teams and project execution*
- Ability to create presentations, proposals and SOWs
- Written communication skills include: formal documentation, statements of work, proposals, sources sought and request for information responses, white papers, case studies
- Rolodex of relevant potential clients(financial services companies, etc.) is a plus
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%)
- Client billability for this position will be at approximately 30%
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Prior P&L responsibility $1M+***
- 8+ years management and business development experience
- Proven ability to grow a practice 30+% annually
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC or other certification(s) a plus
Compensation & Work Location:
Cigital is based in Dulles, Virginia, with offices in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Bloomington, Boston, Chicago, London, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and clients worldwide. We offer a competitive salary, equity compensation, and benefits.