About ITT Exelis
ITT Exelis is Powered By Ingenuity, which is the hallmark of our business, products and people. We provide innovative solutions in the areas of command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR). Working at ITT Exelis, you will join the ranks of 20,000 employees serving our customers around the globe. At ITT Exelis, our workplace culture encourages a spirit of adventure and encompasses a can-do attitude. We place emphasis on building and sustaining a diverse workforce which is inclusive of different perspectives and varied business, academic, cultural and social background
The ITT Exelis Air Traffic Management (ATM) Group is a recognized, vibrant, and growing organization providing unsurpassed engineering, management, operations, implementation, and information solutions for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). We are in the forefront of the FAA's NextGen Airspace Modernization Programs, helping the FAA to achieve its technological transformation objectives. This work includes modernizing from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management, improving communications between pilots and air traffic controllers enabling more efficient operations and reducing communications errors and radio congestion, and developing leading-edge concepts in all dimensions of air traffic control.
The Air Traffic Management Group (ATM) is seeking a Software Engineer to join us to design and develop air traffic management systems for government and commercial customers. Our exciting and technically challenging projects include aircraft surveillance, air traffic control, and airport surface management systems for US and international air traffic control, airlines, and airports. We offer opportunities to expand into systems engineering, proposal development, and management positions.
Additional information on our ground based system (ADS-B) within our ATM organization can be found by viewing our YouTube video via this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2o4XFw5Z0o
Additional examples of products and solutions developed within our ATM organization can be found on our website via this link http://www.exelisinc.com/solutions/Symphony/Pages/default.aspx
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or related Engineering disciplines and 3 to 8 years of experience
* Minimum of 3 years computer programming experience in C/C++
* Candidate must be a US citizen with ability to successfully complete a background check
Desired Experience and Education Requirements
* Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or other related Engineering Disciplines
* Experience in real time or embedded software system development
* Experience in multithread and socket programming in C on Unix/Linux Solaris platform
* Experience or training in airspace and orbital geometry
* Experience or training in full lifecycle software development following industrial process standards
* Understand or experience with UML
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Desire to work in a High Performance Computing ( HPC ) environment is a plus
* Experience in proposal writing, team leadership/management and software architecture development is a plus.