Position: Server Delivery Engineer
Client: Fortune 500 Company
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Duration: 3 month contract to hire
Start Date: ASAP
The Solutions/Delivery engineer will manage the delivery of server based projects for internal Digital customers. Help provide the best solution that meets the customer needs and expectations, including functional features, system architecture, and design process. This role will also be responsible for supporting key technology initiatives including migrations, operating system refresh, server consolidation, disaster recovery and capacity planning.
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix technologies, support and process lifecycles in enterprise systems, e.g. Red Hat Linux/OEL
• Experience with HP OO and BMC BladeLogic server automation
• Experience with Windows troubleshooting commands in regards to disk I/O, CPU usage, load, and network connections.
• Experience building and configuring data center class servers (rack mount/blades) including drivers/firmware, documentation & scripting.
• Broad knowledge of high-performance, highly-available computing environments and integration of technical products into complex environments. Media Industry experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of building MSSQL 2008 clusters along with familiarity setting of hardware for Oracle RAC.
• Must have verifiable background experience in all phases of lifecycle from requirements to implementation as well as the ability to translate a strategy into a tactical, transformational work plan.
• Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide end-to-end delivery of appropriate infrastructure solutions.
• Strong project planning and project management skills.
• Experience with virtualization in large scale production environment, as well as cloud computing architectures and solutions.
• Has proven and verifiable project experience with data center consolidations and optimization, preferably across a global footprint.
• Direct experience working with EMC SAN, and NetApp infrastructures (including both physical and virtualized environments).
• Excellent communication, writing, meeting facilitation and presentation skills including presenting technical design, technical solutions and enterprise architecture solutions.
• Understanding of networking technology and IP-protocols.
• Strong understanding of security challenges and best practices.
• Experience with designing, planning and testing Disaster Recovery, backup and fail-over scenarios.
• Proven experience with network and telecom environments including both high and low bandwidth WAN infrastructures.
• Candidate must be proficient in building sound business cases and develop ideas that balance the need for best of breed product selection and efficient solutions development.
• Responsible for Server and Operating System procurement
• Ensure project transition to operational teams
• Ensure project time is tracked and recorded
• Responsible for providing L3 support and willingness to participate in off-hour maintenance activities.