- Flexible, New York, NY / Dallas, TX preferable
Purpose Of Role:
- The role holder is a professional Bid Manager responsible for delivering competitive RFP responses and ensuring that bid deadlines are met.
- He/she may work as part of a bid management team on larger, more complex/higher risk bids.
- Effectively manage a virtual team in bid activities including take lead responsibility for a specific bid, manage bid delivery and the associated resources, and act as the single point of contact.
- Good knowledge of the global telecom market with an understanding of global IP, voice, cloud, security, contact centres and unified communications.
- Leverage understanding of market & competitors including win loss analysis to qualify out sales opportunities with low win chances
- Leverage strong portfolio knowledge to write winning executive summaries & RFP responses to highlight our differentiators against key competitors and pull out unique selling points for BTGS.
- Take responsibility for identifying deal risks (commercial and delivery) and will escalate as appropriate.
- Understand key financial basics, i.e. costs, pricing and budgets and provide sensible financial analysis.
- With minimum supervision will regularly use a number of bid management tools and techniques to support all bids.
- To use resources as necessary to support bid proposals.
- To apply commercial knowledge to accurately build and model costs and prices, and evaluate risk and potential.
- Will have the ability to articulate the commercial proposition during meetings.
- Impact is short-term and functional in scope, but with an awareness of functions outside of own business area.
- Executes processes to meet customer / business needs within established guidelines.
- Works with minimum supervision seeking assistance where appropriate.
- Interprets policies and executes processes.
- Acts as bid issue escalation point and is responsible for resolution management.
- An appreciation of the relevant technical or commercial background issues, with an ability to understand technical solutions.
- Methodology skills deploying project management principles.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
BT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Job Description