Location: Palo Alto
The Network Engineer will be part of a team responsible for delivering WAN and LAN network services in a 24x7, mission-critical, enterprise environment. The role will be network design and engineering, network operations and security and other IT related tasks.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and operate a highly available network through
- Configure and maintain all Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and F5 load balancers
- Provide superior customer service to internal clients, including response to escalations, proactively notifying customers of network issues, and assessing and communicating business impact
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotation
- Track, report, and proactively address network capacity issues based on business forecasts
- Configure and utilize a variety of network management tools
- Find and implement new technologies which simplify the network environment while improving security and performance
- Follow IT change control best practices for predictable results
- Monitor the network ticket queue and update and escalate tickets in accordance to Service Level Agreement requirements
- Work with corporate IT network team for managing remote locations
- Expert in Solarwinds Orion configuration, setup and monitoring.
- Expertise in Cisco Nexus line of switches is a must
- Upgrade and maintain network devices, setup new infrastructure and participate in network design reviews
- Manage and maintain WAPS and wireless setup
Required Skills with 9-11 years’ experience:
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack
- Cisco ASA firewall and VPN device knowledge
- Familiarity with load balancing best practices. F5 load balancer experience a plus
- Minimum CCNA certification. Prefer CCIE
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience working in a production 24x7 environment
- Basic level experience with Windows.
Required of All Employees:
- Ability and desire to learn independently as well as in a team;
- Ability to manage time well and meet multiple deadlines in a sometimes hectic environment;
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- On-site presence required