Our client is looking for talented Network Administrator to join their team. The position will be based at the city of Buena Park in California.
- Design, deploy, manage and troubleshoot network infrastructures throughout the organization.
- Architect and implement highly available network solution across multiple locations.
- Develops the network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Cisco, HP and other network devices across multi-site network.
- Performs and manages network problem resolution.
- Assesses the security posture of company by managing network/security devices/systems and technical capabilities of new and existing network environments. Provides awareness of emerging threats and vulnerabilities and recommends the appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Performs or manages large network design upgrades and hardware configurations. Conducts network studies and traffic analyses, develops network architectures, prepares forecasts of network traffic and capacity, and recommends modifications to the network configurations that reduce costs or improve service.
- Serves as a high level technical resource on large scale network/security issues. Acts as a subject matter expert (SME). Pro-actively monitors and measures the overall infrastructure performance and recommends or drives the necessary corrective measures.
- Leads and research & evaluation of new network/security technologies (software & systems) from vendors to support business requirements.
- Assists in the development of network/security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to IT infrastructure. Adheres to PCI and local regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Perform network maintenance outside of business hour, following the company’s change management and operating procedures.
- Provide on-call support outside the regular business hour.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related fields.
- Cisco CCNP required or above.
- Minimum 7 years of IT network experience in infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware/software), design, planning and implementation.
- 4+ years’ extensive experience with networking in Cisco environment, in addition to hands-on experience in network design including Layer 2/3 design.
- Expert level knowledge and experience of Cisco Routing, Switching, Wireless Access Point and ASA Firewall is required.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting and tuning of the component hardware, software, networking and communications protocol problems.
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS, DNS and DHCP), switches, firewalls and VPN.
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, and static routes. Must be skilled in the use of routing protocols and understand QOS, be able to implement traffic policing and shaping on a LAN/QAN network and understand GRE tunneling.
- Must possess thorough understanding of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, etc.) and network based ACL's in addition to switching protocols (802.1D, 802.1Q, 802.1ad, QinQ, STP, MSTP, etc.)
- Strong proficiency with network monitoring protocols and tools(ex: SNMP, RMON, Wireshark, Ethereal, WinPcap, Cacti, Nfdump, and Nfsen) preferred.
- Strong proficiency with network management protocols and tools (ex: SNMP, LDAP, AAA, Intelliden, and Tivoli) preferred.
- Ability to ensure network services are optimally designed, configured and supported to achieve high availability and functionality.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time with little supervision and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Willing to be on call during off business hour is required.