General Position Description:
The Amazon Architect will report directly to the DevOps Manager. He/she will have the responsibility for designing and implementing architects with Amazon Web Services as well as OpenStack. The Amazon Architect will create scalable reference architectures as well as sustainable standards with Chef and Cloud formations for customers using Amazon and OpenStack.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
* Contribute to key OpenSource projects like OpenStack Neutron, Nova, Puppet and Cinder
* Creation of high quality code in a timely manner
* Creation of tools templates to deploy manage and monitor systems
* Creation of repeatable, scalable reference architectures
* Advisory of customers of proper cloud systems architectures
* Contributions to specified open source projects (OpenStack, Puppet Manifests, Etc)
* Management of cloud based systems
* Recruiting high quality technical resources for development teams
* Participate in Cloud Services Strategy and GTM planning.
* Participate in the pre-sales process with services sales, Engagement Project Managers, and consulting architects to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and deliver effective solutions
* Review and approve project proposals (scope, level of effort estimates, and schedules) and SOWs prior to presentation to Nexus team and customer
* Maintain and project a solid understanding of all Nexus product lines and corporate messaging
* Provide support and guidance to consultants on technical, delivery, and operational issues and help them work through obstacles to their success
* Review customer deliverables prior to delivery to ensure quality of deliverables are consistent with PS best practices and address customer issues , provide recommendations and are aligned with account strategy
* Solicits thought leadership from the team and demonstrate steadfast and sound decision ability in addressing problems with business solutions
* Take a leadership role in building and managing a best in class cloud solutions
* Establish a repeatable cadence in partnering with Nexus Product Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to feed back field input to the product development lifecycle.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* 7+ years in related field.
* Scripting platforms including Python / Perl
* Deployment toolsets - Chef - Linux system administration skills including RedHat and Ubuntu
* Toolsets including Boto and Edda - Network Monitoring systems such as Nagios - Linux Applications such as HAproxy and Apache
* Experience with Amazon Services such as S3, Elasic load balancing / Block / Relational Database
* Experience automating Amazon architectures using cloud formations and auto scaling groups
* Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban - skill and career development of mentored engineers
* The person in this role must demonstrate the ability to appear for work on time, accept constructive criticism, develop and maintain positive team cohesiveness, and the ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.