QuinStreet is looking for a top notch Senior Java Web Developer to join our team here in Foster City, CA. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for Java and Web development.
Can you develop, troubleshoot, and enhance Web sites? Can you influence design decisions and work cross functionally with category business directors, designers, QA teams, and platform product development teams? If yes, then you are what we are looking for! In this role, you will impact the fast growing online media space. You will play a vital support role within one of our business verticals by developing new applications and enhancing existing ones. You will provide innovation and improvement to further optimize our business. You will be exposed to cutting-edge e-commerce and web services technologies and work in a collaborative learning environment. We create and continuously improve a technology platform and product family that fully supports our business objectives and that delivers value to our clients.
Important Note: This is more of a Front End position, at the same time good backround in Backend and middletier required
- Provide support and deployment of web applications for our online content-rich properties
- Work in a productions environment where you will perform requirement analysis, high level design
- Responsible for coding, unit testing and general quality assurance of the web applications.
- Communicate and participate in business discussions with business users, producers and product managers
- Work very closely with QA engineers, architects, tech leads on several projects at a time.
- Solve technical problems and handle performance/scalability issues on a day to day basis.
- Write clean, concise and sustainable code
- Design, develop and support consumer-facing web applications.
- Perform requirements analysis, high-level design, effort estimation for new business requirements and feature enhancements.
- Participate in design discussions with business users, web producers and engineering teams.
- Work closely with QA engineers, technical leads and release managers on multiple parallel projects.
- Solve technical challenges on a day to day basis and build applications for scalability and performance.
- Write clean, well-tested and maintainable code.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in Java with knowledge of Object Oriented Design.
- Enterprise Java development experience with JSP, Servlet, Web Services. Working knowledge of XML and XML parsers. Knowledge in web application frameworks like Struts is a plus.
- Good understanding of how web applications work including knowledge of the HTTP protocol, request/response cycles and session management.
- Experience with one or more application servers, preferably JBoss and Tomcat.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with a RDBMS like Oracle.
- Experience working in a UNIX and/or LINUX environment.
- Experience working with an industry standard version control/software configuration management system like Perforce or CVS.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work directly with business users, project managers and engineering teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
Good to Have:
- Knowledge of middle-tier frameworks like Hibernate and Spring.
- Experience in web user interface design and development.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and testing practices like JUnit and HtmlUnit.
Founded in 1999 and with its initial public offering in 2010, QuinStreet, Inc. is the leader in vertical marketing and media online, consistently delivering the right leads at the right volume to thousands of industry-leading clients and business brands. The company*s full-service approach combines direct marketing expertise, vast search and media reach, and industry-leading technologies to deliver dramatically improved results for clients. QuinStreet is headquartered in Foster City, CA, with satellite offices worldwide.
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.