Designs software QA methods and procedures for use by QA and development staff to ensure all information systems meet minimum company standards and end user requirements. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Provides technical support to project team members.
3 to 5 years proven experience with quality assurance planning and execution of complex projects. Analytical skills and ability to review requirement and design documents generating test plans and test cases to cover the extent of the code changes. Responsibilities include overseeing projects in creating test plans, test cases, test data and expected results. Supporting system, regression, End to End, User test, and Interface testing. Loads requirements into Quality Center and ensures traceability exists between requirements and test cases. Works defects to closure. Participates in project requirements and design reviews on large complex projects, providing expertise from a quality assurance stand point. Must be able to represent application on project team providing status and updates to issues. In addition attending review meetings with development, users, and project managers to provide support and input into test planning and execution phases.
- Work closely with the other members of the Development Team and Users to review the designs of systems, implement test plans, and test the quality of software products.
- Assemble and build software projects and installation packages.
- Work closely with the Development team to insure the effectiveness and quality of the components and systems developed
- Work closely with the Documentation team to insure the content is meaningful and correct
- Communicate with customers regarding installation issues and software defects
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business or equivalent education/training/experience
- Experience of reporting tools / reports testing
- Experience of UNIX servers - full awareness of OS and variety of commands, ability to read and test UNIX shell scripts. Good working knowledge of SQL, GUI and XML.
Job Desired Skills: Excellent analytical and communication skills; Automation using QTP/Selenium. Team lead experience, working with US and non-US team structures, and leadership skills; Telecommunication experience including network background, or Verizon experience an added benefit. Experience with Cisco or Juniper routers and other L2 switches is a plus.