Location: Boston • DC • Dayton • Orlando
Aptima is a fast-paced, employee-focused small business that excels in finding solutions to complex problems in human-centered engineering. We currently have openings for experienced, creative front-end software engineers to help us develop intuitive ways of interacting with complex systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-8 years related experience
- Experience architecting web applications with a focus on performance, modularity, reuse, and maintainability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate also will have experience and proficiency in a combination of the following:
- Visualization, charting, and mapping libraries such as D3, Processing, Prefuse, Leaflet, MapBox, etc.
- Mobile front end development as well as various browser/platform combinations on desktop/mobile/tablet
- Rapid prototyping and Agile development methods
Desired but not required:
- Fluency in one or more of: .NET, Objective C, Java
- Experience with Big Data architectures (Hadoop, Cassandra), cloud platforms (Heroku, AWS), server side technologies (Node, Apache), or databases (Postgre, MongoDB)
- Publications and presentations
- Experience conducting research within the military domain
- Experience working in situations that are outside applicant’s immediate area of expertise
Applicants must be willing to work onsite in one of Aptima’s office locations, Mon - Fri. (no telecommuting or compressed schedules), with travel to customer sites ~25% of the time. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and sample of portfolio work (GitHub) by selecting the Apply Now button.
All applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F, VETS/DISABLED