Senior Software Developer for Largest Online Retailer
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Developer for Largest Online Retailer. Andiamo Partners represents numerous financial services and technology firms as a Tier I recruiting vendor.
As member of the Engineering Group for a division of the largest online retailer in the world, the software development engineer's primary task is to write high-quality, maintainable and robust code, often in Java. This includes working with a variety of groups including Development Managers, Product/Program Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Business stakeholders and array of other engineers. In addition, the development engineer supports the design and development of the team's applications and supporting services.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Programming in Java, C, C++, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD)
- Experience working with relational databases (Oracle and JDBC/Hibernate a plus)
- Experience writing code in a high volume, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Familiarity with frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Played a leading role in the design, implementation and deployment of a successful enterprise-level system
- Significant leadership experience in the technology side of a business and/or online community
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals
- Understanding of system and application performance limits and characteristics
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- MS in Computer Science or related field
About the Company:
Our client, the Internet’s leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment, is a subsidiary of the World’s Largest Online Retailer. They have over 400 employees, yet maintain startup vibe, where software developers, writers, marketers, and publishers collaborate in an expansive loft-space environment to promote digital enlightenment.
Their employees come from across the Tri-State, including Brooklyn, Hoboken, Westchester, and the Shore. Manhattan is just 20 minutes away from their downtown Newark headquarters, which is a nexus of commutability thanks to the nearby I-280, Broad Street train station, and light rail.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Andiamo Partners | 90 Broad Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10004
View our open positions at jobs.AndiamoPartners.com
Why work with an Andiamo Partners Recruiter? Check out our LinkedIn Career Page
Andiamo Partners is a globally recognized provider of human capital services to top tier financial institutions and technology firms. Andiamo Partners has an impressive client list that includes firms such as Goldman Sachs, Amazon.com, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Bloomberg, HSBC, NASDAQ, Audible, Moodys as well as many other major financial services firms and prestigious hedge funds.
We pride ourselves on building and maintaining relationships with our candidates throughout their careers. We have highly valued relationships with our clients, and recruit for their locations in NY, NJ, CT and London.
Andiamo Partners specializes in the following:
Equity (Stocks, Options, Futures, Structured Products, Swaps), Fixed Income (Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, MBS, ABS, Bonds, Treasuries), Hedge Funds, Program Trade, Prime Brokerage, Quantitative Analysis, Commodities, Foreign Exchange (FX), Mutual Funds, Retirement Systems, Clearing Houses, Exchanges, Asset Management, Client Connectivity / FIX, ECN, ATS, EMS / OMS, Market Data, Reference Data, Security Master.
Application Development & Integration - Java/JEE, C/C++, C#/.NET, Python, Ruby, etc., Infrastructure Management, Project Management/Business Analysis, Database Management, Information Security, Quality Assurance, Desktop/Helpdesk Support, Trade Floor Technology, Executive IT Management.