Data Engineer Hiring Event - Jan 24 - Digital Audio Library Division with Largest Online Retailer
Our client is seeking a Data Engineer Hiring Event - Jan 24 - Digital Audio Library Division with Largest Online Retailer. Andiamo Partners represents numerous financial services and technology firms as a Tier I recruiting vendor.
To apply for this job, please visit Andiamo Partners' Career Page by clicking here.
Our client, the Digital Audio Library Division of the Leading Global Internet Retailer, is looking for a data engineer/architect to join their team. This division is the Internet’s leading provider of spoken audio programming – including books of any genre, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers, and more. Titles downloaded are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices.
- Lead, participate in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Warehouse/Analytical Reporting.
- Prepare Technical Design / Specifications; develop routines for data extraction and loading.
- This is a highly technical role requiring critical thinking, hands on development, and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production QA/oncall. Provide technical/user documentation and training; perform peer reviews of work items produced at various stages of the project.
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
- Analyze and determine the impact of technology capabilities and limitations, translate high level design to detailed design specifications, develop, test and deploy code/application in various environments.
- Perform effort estimation for various Data Warehouse activities; meet project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets.
- Strong Computer science background required. A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science is required with a minimum of 5+ years of industry experience.
- 4+ years in working with large data sets and analyzing data to identify patterns.
- 5+ years in data warehousing projects with at least 4 years of full life cycle experience in implementation and support of DW Solutions on Oracle Platform.
- Must have extensive knowledge in ETL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g and SQL & PL/SQL.
- Must have extensive knowledge in Data warehouse designing techniques like Star Schema/Snowflake.
- Extensive design and coding skills in Perl, shell script, XML on Unix Platforms.
- Knowledge of tuning and scaling in a Data warehouse environment is highly desired.
- Hands-on experience with OBIEE 11g.
- Should have very good technical expertise and strong business skills, as he/she will lead the team in delivering Business Intelligence solutions.
- Must be aware of testing process and DW implementation methodologies.
- Knowledge of Hyperion, Discoverer 10g etc will be an added advantage.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Erwin Data modeling and Data Quality tool.
About the Company:
Our client, the Internet’s leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment, is a subsidiary of the World’s Largest Online Retailer. They have over 400 employees, yet maintain startup vibe, where software developers, writers, marketers, and publishers collaborate in an expansive loft-space environment to promote digital enlightenment.
Their employees come from across the Tri-State, including Brooklyn, Hoboken, Westchester, and the Shore. Manhattan is just 20 minutes away from their downtown Newark headquarters, which is a nexus of commutability thanks to the nearby I-280, Broad Street train station, and light rail.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Andiamo Partners | 90 Broad Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10004
View our open positions at jobs.AndiamoPartners.com
Why work with an Andiamo Partners Recruiter? Check out our LinkedIn Career Page
Andiamo Partners is a globally recognized provider of human capital services to top tier financial institutions and technology firms. Andiamo Partners has an impressive client list that includes firms such as Goldman Sachs, Amazon.com, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Bloomberg, HSBC, NASDAQ, Audible, Moodys as well as many other major financial services firms and prestigious hedge funds.
We pride ourselves on building and maintaining relationships with our candidates throughout their careers. We have highly valued relationships with our clients, and recruit for their locations in NY, NJ, CT and London.
Andiamo Partners specializes in the following:
Equity (Stocks, Options, Futures, Structured Products, Swaps), Fixed Income (Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, MBS, ABS, Bonds, Treasuries), Hedge Funds, Program Trade, Prime Brokerage, Quantitative Analysis, Commodities, Foreign Exchange (FX), Mutual Funds, Retirement Systems, Clearing Houses, Exchanges, Asset Management, Client Connectivity / FIX, ECN, ATS, EMS / OMS, Market Data, Reference Data, Security Master.
Application Development & Integration - Java/JEE, C/C++, C#/.NET, Python, Ruby, etc., Infrastructure Management, Project Management/Business Analysis, Database Management, Information Security, Quality Assurance, Desktop/Helpdesk Support, Trade Floor Technology, Executive IT Management.