MUMPS Developer with VistA/FileMan Experience
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
Required Knowledge and skills
Education: technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Must have more than 6 years of experience writing code using M/MUMPS.
- Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle. Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
- Able to apply consistently quality and security standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.
- Familiarity with Virtual Communication Tools (Microsoft Lync/Communicator).
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net, Delphi.
- Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Formulate and define systems scope and develop software based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements.
- Have an understanding of the complex VistA environment
- Become the expert in VistA applications assigned to
- Replicate and analyze application defects
- Work closely with customers throughout the VA, including end users, Product Support and other development teams
- Know and follow VA standards and procedures for developing and releasing software updates
- Make necessary software changes and perform unit testing on code
- Write applications for production testing approval