The ideal candidate will have expert level knowledge of Windows Server (2008/2012), solid MS Exchange (2007/2010/2013) experience and broad Microsoft product knowledge. Current Microsoft (MCSA/MCSE/MCSM) certification is strongly desired. Virtualization experience is a plus.
- This position is responsible for design and implementation of various Microsoft technologies
- This position will be based out of our New York City Office, but will require work to be regularly performed at client locations throughout the NY Metropolitan Area. Some travel may be required
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training, and progressive bonuses.
- Assist on various design and implementation projects as it relates to Microsoft technologies
- Lead Microsoft Exchange migrations and upgrades
- Install, upgrade, remove server and/or desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, repair, replace user workstations (hardware and software)
- Follow pre-defined operating procedures to ensure that clients, systems and information are properly followed.
- Perform direct follow up with clients regarding remediation where appropriate.
- Interface with other elements of the client support structure including tracking client issues, updating client tickets and ensuring closure
- On call for Client Support
- 5 + years of relevant, hands-on experience supporting Windows based Information Systems
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience working with MS Windows Server 2008/2012 Server, Exchange 2007/2010/2013 environments is required.
- Current Windows certification (MCSE) strongly preferred
- Expertise with MS Exchange administration and the use of prevailing virtualization technologies is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- Systems Management, Optimization Tuning, High Availability configurations (Microsoft Clustering, etc.), Anti-Virus,
- Hands-on, in-depth expertise with Microsoft Windows Architecture - SQL Server, Active Directory (AD) Exchange, Group Policy, Remote Installation Services
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, DNS, WINS, and DHCP.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012 administration (migrations, clustering a plus).
- Understanding of enterprise datacenter technologies including Networking, Security, TCP/IP, SAN and NAS, physical datacenter practices
- Solid general understanding of distributed computing concepts, including the principles of network routing and client/server technologies.
- Must have some general knowledge of system management best practices, scheduling and recovering from SAN array snapshots, complete backup and restoration capabilities.
- Experience with documentation for system builds, configurations, support procedures
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms (Dell, IBM, HP, Blades).
- A Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is desired.
- Hands-on experience with VMware ESX, VDI, SRM, Hyper-v, Citrix is a plus..
- Systems deployment, server migration, MS Exchange upgrade, systems integration, server consolidation, and virtualization project experience is a desired.
- Any experience with Clustering Services / High availability systems is a plus.
- Any experience with SAN based storage systems specifically EMC, Netapp Dell/EqualLogic
- Knowledge of EMC disk subsystems, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, CIFS and NFS protocols is desired.
- Some hands-on SharePoint experience or other related technologies is desired.
- Experience with thin-client technologies, Terminal Services, Citrix Xendesktop, Xenapp is a plus.
- Experience with Backup software such as Data domain, Avamar, BackupExec, Netbackup, BrightStor ARCserve is a plus.
- Experience with Antivirus programs, messaging security, and Web monitoring