Johnson Service Group, a leading Engineering Staffing and Consulting company has an exciting position with our high performance voice and audio FPGA client, for mobile device applications.
This consulting position will interface with our client's team to deliver current and next generation voice and audio processing technologies. This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating releases, as well as automating and improving the process. In addition, will be responsible for helping build infrastructure to facilitate and expedite future release processes and to establish and improve the best practices.
Scope of work
- Ensure software features among different product generations and release cycles are complete, consistent, identifiable and reproducible.
- Improve integration between revision control, bug tracking systems and release mechanisms.
- Coordinate software releases with internal engineering and test teams to ensure all teams have a common understanding of release contents.
- Run tests and create reports on code health.
- Automate Processes; Improve efficiency and scalability in the regression test infrastructure, and remove the need for human interaction with the systems.
- Cleanup, establish and enforce processes around the bug tracking system.
- Establish, support and enforce CI Loops, code review, and branching schemes in a complex multi layered, multi flavored, multi configuration product.
- System Administration of Config. Mgt, Test and other related infrastructure.
- Offload build and test tasks from developers.
- Data scrubbing.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
Primary Skills and Experience:
- Strong scripting skills, especially in Perl. Also Bash, Python and Makefiles.
Automation and integration experience, both programmatically and with tools.
- Extensive experience with managing source control systems, notably Perforce administration and integration.
- Experience with tools such as GIT, ClearCase, subversion, CVS is a plus.
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as Jira, ClearQuest or Bugzilla, including administration and automation around them. Experience migrating issue tracking tools is a plus.
- Strong skills in Linux and windows at near administration level.
- Experience with LAMP environment, and interop between Linux and windows.
- Database programming (such as MySQL) is a plus.
- Web development experience, as well as interfacing with web applications (ex: via REST).
- Artifact management in an environment with many changing configurations.
- Good Troubleshooting skills.
Knowledge of and experience with software development methodologies and best practices.
- Background as a developer is a big plus.
- Experience with grid computing is a plus.
5-7+ years of experience in CM and automation development.
- 3-5+ years software development.
- Experience with C/C++ and Matlab.
- Audio and DSP knowledge.
- BSCS, BSEE or equivalent Bachelor's degree.
- MSCS, MSEE or equivalent Master's degree is a plus.
Location: Mountain View, CA
Length of Contract: 3-6 months
Please contact Manisha at 949-415-5476 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!!!!!!