Fusion Application Lifecycle Management (LCM) software development team is currently seeking a highly seasoned, product architect to lead our architecting efforts. As a Fortune 100 company, we seek a very high-level, technically capable Architect that is able to lead the directions of one of our most popular products. Candidate must come from a product background. Our Architect will provide the frameworks which enabling our customers the business critical lifecycle operations for all SaaS customers in Oracle’s Cloud as well as for all Fusion Applications on premise and on-demand customers.
Location: Redwood Shores (CA). Full-time with full Oracle benefits
Fusion Applications LifecycleManagement is looking for architects to be responsible for the architectural design and implementation of all frameworks and tooling necessary for the successful running of Fusion Applications for customers on Oracle Cloud, as well as for On-Demand and On-Premise customers. This is a senior position, working in the center of Oracle’s Cloud and Fusion initiatives. The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of all Fusion Middleware products as well as all Fusion Applications products, and will be responsible for the lifecycle frameworks of such, including install/provisioning, OVM creation and rehydration, patching, upgrade, Cloning, P2T, etc. Framework and tooling created will be used by every single Oracle Fusion Applications customer, and plays the central role of enabling and managing Customer needs within Oracle’s Cloud. As a technical leader of the team, you will work on and provide directions to projects that solve complex technical problems that provide substantial customer value. As an LCM architect, you will be in daily interaction with other key architects with Oracle, along with executives and leaders across the Fusion and Cloud initiatives. You will work with team members spread across the globe. This is an extremely challenging, very fast paced, extremely rewarding and highly visible position.
Projects are developed leveraging leading Oracle technologies such as Oracle Virtual Machine, Oracle Identify Management, Service Oriented Architecture, etc. and using programming languages/tools that include Java, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, and deployed on cloud based infrastructure as well as traditional physical infrastructure.
Candidates must come from a product background (non-consultation or solution architecting) background and have no less than 15 years of enterprise software development experience, including 10 years of architecting experience. While not a daily hands on development position, candidates must have superior technical understanding of Java and Oracle Fusion Applications.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Hands on architectural leadership for Fusion Applications (FA) envisioning, designing and creating frameworks and tools supporting all life cycle operations needed for successful technical management of Fusion Applications, including install/provisioning, upgrades, patching, OVM creation and rehydration, Production to Test (P2T), Cloning, Disaster Recovery (DR), High Availability (HA), etc.
- Developing and setting architectural approach and standards across Fusion Middleware, Fusion Application and Cloud operations to ensure successful, efficient, world-class LCM capabilities.
- Working with external teams, architects and executives throughout Oracle Fusion Middleware, DB, Cloud Operations, and Fusion Applications to define and prioritize FA life cycle support requirements, define and refine architecture approaches, ensure functional and performance excellence, oversee successful technical and process rollout and drive requirements across the rest of the overall technical stack.
- Develop deep technical and domain understanding, and provide architectural and technical leadership, in all areas of the Fusion stack and Cloud offerings, including across all Fusion Applications products and all Fusion Middleware products and components.
- Ultimate responsibility to executives for the design of all technical solutions and frameworks within the LCM space, and to customers for the success of LCM tooling.
Fully competent in lifecycle domain and in necessary technologies to provide architectural leadership to a large, world-wide team. Should have deep architectural leadership experience in SaaS/Cloud as well as in enterprise software solutions. High degree of competence in written and verbal communication skills, including to executive audiences, required. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 15-20 years of software engineering and technical leadership experience required.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- A background with deep and incredible coding skills (in Java) as well as in all other technical skills necessary for excellence in all stages of product development.
- Commercial experience as lead developer of complex cross application products and/or underlying infrastructure that has shipped and in use by large number of customers. This includes proven success in architectural leadership and design, as well as successful implementations of such.
- Deep understanding of various parts of Oracle Fusion Applications.
- Expertise in architecting, designing, and implementing scalable and distributed systems. Includes concurrent execution as well as multi-thread applications.
- Exceptional understanding of security including passwords and certificates.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent, with a solid foundation in complex software system design
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified candidates may e-mail resumes directly to Oracle Corporation Recruiting for immediate consideration. Please email email@example.com with “Software Architect of Product-Redwood Shores” on the subject line for consideration.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle Supports Workforce Diversity