ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN VERIFICATION ENGINEER
- To develop assembly programs for testing the compatibility of CPUs with the MIPS architecture.
- To develop and extend Perl programs which automate the creation of these assembly programs.
- To work with CPU architects to develop and implement test plans for the verification of new and existing MIPS architectural features.
- To work with simulator and core developers to run these verification programs, debug failures and identify necessary fixes to the models, cores, simulators and architecture
- Excellent programming skills and proven programming experience (post-graduate level research in a programming intensive field, or 3 years of industry experience)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, contribute to team goals, and to work with other team members in remote locations
- Knowledge of MIPS architecture, or other industry-standard CPU architecture.
- MIPS assembly language programming, or experience in another industry-standard instruction set architecture.
- Perl programming
- Development experience in the Linux environment, or related coursework.
- Experience: Four years experience or more in related area.
- Operating Systems: Hands-on development experience in Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems, at kernel level. (Applications-level development experience will not be very useful in this role.)
- Language: Good written and verbal English skills and demonstrated ability to write clear, concise documentation.
- Education : BS in EE or CS (MS or higher preferred).
- Spirit: Good team spirit, professional, motivated and eager to learn combined with natural curiosity, a quick learning curve for new technologies, and strong debugging/problem-solving skills.