Relentlessly protect the world's information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an 'essential' partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
In the Information Intelligence Group, you will have the opportunity to work directly on archiving and discovery products using the latest archiving, searching, indexing, and discovery technologies. This group is devoted to helping customers solve problems related to the combination of growing data volume and types with increasing regulatory and legal demands. If you are eager to be part of a fast-paced team focused on continual innovation of cutting-edge technology, and contribute to the success of market leading products such as Enterprise Vault.cloud, Enterprise Vault, and Clearwell eDiscovery, then this group is for you!
Job Function Development Function
* Troubleshoot and resolve customer escalations and iin-field product issues which involves enhancing, maintaining and improving the functionality and performance of existing APIs, Web services, Windows, and WCF services
* Deliver tasks with minimal supervision using appropriate software development processes including Agile/SCRUM
* Deliver quality products using software engineering best practices like secure coding, unit testing, automation, code profiling and code coverage etc.
* Engage in effective collaboration among local, geographically-distributed, and cross-functional team members
* Prioritize and manage multiple assignments and projects
* Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience with 4+ years of .NET software development experience
* Demonstrated aptitude in troubleshooting, debugging and refactoring complex distributed systems
* Experience in multi-tenant cloud environment preferred
* Familiar with enterprise scale design patterns
* Fluent in C#, T-SQL, CLR and WCF
* Expertise with Multi-threaded programming is required
* Task Parallel Library experience is a plus
* In depth understanding of email protocols like SMTP & MIME protocols and file sharing protocols like SMB & NFS is a plus
* Expertise with performamce and memory profiling, including ANTS and CLS profiler tools is a plus
* Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server