Job ID 2012-20714 # Positions 1 Location US-VA-Virginia Beach Search Category Information Technology Type Regular Full-Time (30+ hours) Posted Date 9/27/2012 Additional Locations ..
More information about this job: Summary:
Under general direction is responsible for assigned administration tasks and projects including equipment build out, system monitoring, and maintenance of servers and mass storage devices. Works with project teams to deploy hardware and software. Handles readily identifiable, clearly defined problems and follows standard practices and procedures in the research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine system administration issues. Functions as a technical contributor working in a group of engineers, analysts, and technicians. This position is considered essential to operations and will be required to be available during an emergency. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to maintain an on-call status.
1. Responsible for executing the enterprise system strategy as it applies to the installation, maintenance, and management of the corporate LAN working within established procedures and/or protocols.
2. Contributes technical knowledge and experience in the area of local area networking, communications, and related hardware/software.
3. Develops and implements basic project plans with direction and supervisory review.
4. Performs system analysis, installation and support following standard practices and procedures.
5. Performs server software and hardware upgrades as needed and directed. Provides integrated team support and maintenance of system hardware and software.
6. Performs implementations and configuration of software and hardware.
7. Provides resolutions for standard systems level problems in relation to the corporate LAN.
8. Provides network operations support to include configuration management, performance analysis, and product evaluations. Assists engineering staff as assigned, in the evaluation of vendor products for future purchase.
9. Ensures system security is maintained and strengthened through implementation of current policies.
10. Monitors system level functions, capacity, and utilization; provides detailed reports to senior engineers.Assists with product testing and integration.
11. Maintains accurate documentation of systems infrastructure devices.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: - Associates Degree. Equivalent experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree(s).
Preferred: - Bachelor-s degree.
Years and Type of Experience Required:
Required: - A minimum of 3 years of relevant system network work experience within a complex information technology environment.
Certifications or Licensures
Required: - A+ and MCP
Preferred: - MCSE
Required: - English
Computer hardware, software, applications - Basic - Ability to maintain basic hardware, software and applications including applying patches and updates within a narrow discipline. Able to react to a user's need and add/delete a feature based on their stated need. Basic understanding of fundamental enterprise tools sets.
Infrastructure Performance Analysis - Basic - Ability to monitor infrastructure systems for alerts and perform standard trouble-shooting. Understanding of incident management, i.e. ticketing, systems.
IT Security - Basic - Understanding of basic enterprise best practices.
Be Strategic - Demonstrates understanding of the organization's mission and strategies. - Works to clarify and understand the broader purpose and mission of own work. - Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities. - Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems. - Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
Make Sound Decisions - Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness. - Collects sufficient information to understand problems and issues. - Analyzes problems and issues from different points of view. - Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions.
Develop/Support Organizational Talent - Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner. - Treats others with respect. - Listens carefully and attentively to others- opinions and ideas. - Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances. - Works cooperatively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Ensure Collaboration - Encourages people to draw on each other's strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams. - Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them. - Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance. - Shares own experience and expertise with others.
Show Drive and Initiative
Demonstrates a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment. - Maintains a consistent, high level of productivity. - Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action. - Does not easily give up in the face of unexpected obstacles. - Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others.
Accountability / Optimize Execution - Juggles many priorities and competing demands for one's time. - Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters. - Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track. - Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. - Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices. - Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone. - Must be able to lift 50lbs. - Must be able to operate server maintenance tools.