Senior Applications Developer
The Senior Applications Developer coordinates work process and related activities, organizes and oversees assignments to ensure accuracy and completion and serves as a department liaison to ensure collaborative efforts result in meeting or exceeding goals and standards.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments affecting the work process, and encourages innovation and good judgment to achieve results.
- Works with Lead Applications Developer to develop applications standards. Following application development methodology and standards, develops, maintains and supports applications for use by the various departments of the Firm and creates documentation for these applications.
- Develops custom web parts and hybrid pages.
- Configures and maintains web server software. Performs server software upgrades and troubleshoots problems.
- Applies software patches when needed. Participates in and leads the Agile project planning and estimating process and mentors less experienced staff members in tracking Agile projects.
- Using advanced knowledge of applications development techniques and methodologies, assumes responsibility for developing applications that meet the needs of the company.
- Architects and implements applications that leverage the services of Microsoft’s SharePoint server system and the K2 workflow automation system.
- Develops, maintains and supports administrative department applications.
- Performs transfer of data between system, implements and tests security and monitors database files for accuracy.
- Takes a leadership role and serves as a technical expert to firm and department staff in developing creative solutions to the more complex applications development issues and problems and in mentoring less experienced Applications Developers and other users.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Microsoft Certified Developer Certification preferred; 4-6 years of applications development experience, including experience with Agile development methodologies either through formal training and project execution, or through experience with precursor methodologies
- Experience with test driven development, and with a continuous integration process of automated nightly builds is preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of technical and non-technical users.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, participate as a team leader or member of a team, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required and ability to interact effectively and professionally with all learning styles, personality types and levels of management, staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients.