Position: Desktop Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Point of contract: Ben Porter
Seeking a Desktop Engineer to perform as 3rd Level SME with expertise supporting large-scale XenDesktop 5.x environments. This includes expertise working with Citrix Provisioning Server and Citrix Edgesight. Job duties can include the following:
- Deploying and supporting large-scale Xendesktop 5.x environments.
- Working with Citrix Provisioning Server and Citrix EdgeSight.
- Developing automated Windows installation scripts.
- Engineering with Windows, Windows registry, Windows policies.
- Developing virtual desktop images (experience with Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp preferred).
- Engineering mass rollouts or a new desktop Windows operating system across hundreds or thousands of desktops.
- Providing 3rd level support on troubleshooting systemic desktop issues/outages.
- Providing Windows Desktop Services, including Active Directory, WSUS, SCCM, MBAM, GPO, AGPM, anti-virus solutions, etc
- Experience developing scripts using Windows Batch, VBScript, and Powershell for the automation of Windows Desktop Management.
- Managing Windows Desktops in Enterprise Environments consisting of 5,000+ endpoints.
- Creating solutions and provide 3rd level support to extended 2nd level support technicians across multiple geographic locations.
- Packaging desktop software applications for automated installations (experience with Wise, SCCM, MSI, AdminStudio).