We are looking for a “Database Administrator (SQL)" for one of our client’s in Pasadena, CA.Please review the job requirements and provide the below requested details along with your resume. Please send your resumes to email@example.com
Job Title: Database Administrator (SQL)
Location: Pasadena, CA
Duration: Full Time
Salary : DOE
Overall responsibility for client`s key development and production environments which include the design, implementation, and support of enterprise database systems. Individual will be responsible for the availability of the database hardware and applications ensuring they are maintained and documented to the highest standards. Successful candidate will possess the skills to design and architect enterprise database environments and present concepts, issues, and solutions to executive management.
Individual must be hands on and have the technical skills to implement the design work.
The right candidate will have strong SQL Server 2005, 2008 experience with some SSIS knowledge and the ability to pay attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set up and maintain transactional replication
• Create database jobs
• Add steps to existing jobs that will alert support staff if job fails
• Set up jobs to monitor critical system resources like log space, disk space
• Monitor database jobs. Ensure that critical jobs run in the appropriate time frame
• Engage in performance tuning
• Development of automated database maintenance utilities
• Successful candidate must have a strong DBA track record and expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL server including SQL 2005 and 2008
• Ability to write SQL scripts
• Strong, analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required
• Attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards is a must
• Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent issues, demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
• Hands-on experience with disaster recovery techniques and database failure contingency planning including Windows 2003/2008 multi-node clustering.
• Experience with transactional replication required
• Financial information systems experience supporting mortgage industry or related field a plus
Thanks and Regards,