Network Engineer (Cisco) Everett, MA
Eagle Investment Systems is currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our team. This candidate would be responsible for the research and/or development and implementation of automated processes and procedures in order to increase network uptime, reduce amount of the manual intervention of network related day to day changes, reduce overall risk and improve client satisfaction.
Key Performance Indicators:
- List all configuration items to be researched and enhanced, categorized by risk, efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Provide evidence of reduction in time to implement changes for all enhanced configuration items.
- Provide evidence of improved uptime of network.
- Provide evidence of reduced risk.
- Provide evidence of improved user request processes.
- Communicate and consult with key stakeholders during the research and implementation process.
- Provide consultation on outsourced projects to ensure all requirements are scoped, defined and delivered at the highest level, minimizing downtime during implementation.
- Scheduled downtime during implementation has met or exceeded expectations.
- Implementation meets or exceeds requirements and scope of work.
- Communicate with stakeholders as to the risks involved with not completing or completing the project.
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve major network issues and provide root cause analysis.
- Provide a high level of communications during events based on the ITIL framework.
- Provide efficient and timely resolution.
- Provide detailed root cause analysis.
- Provide short term mitigation recommendations.
- Provide continual service improvement recommendations.
- Responsible to ensure network equipment configuration meets or exceeds corporate standards and policies.
- Complete network review and remediation per corporate policy. Communicate with key stakeholders during the review and remediation process.
Other Key Responsibilities and Goals:
- Assist in building and maintaining processes and procedures regarding change management, problem management, incident management, configuration management and service catalog items in ServiceNow platform.
- Provide off hours support to resolve emergency incidents.
- Provide knowledge sharing and training with other engineers.
- Monitor ticketing system for outstanding tickets.
- Complete network changes as needed.
- Update network diagrams as required.
- Update documentation as needed.
- Provide weekly project updates.
- Complete ITIL V3 certification.
- Manage complex projects.
Network Engineer Skill Requirements:
Administration, configuration and deep troubleshooting skills in the following technologies:
Must have excellent working knowledge:
- Cisco ASA Firewall administration (multi context mode)
- Citrix Netscaler: MPX, VPX, SDX
- Cisco Catalyst switches: 29xx, 37xx, 4507, 6509, 4948,
- Cisco Routers: 18xx, 28xx, 38xx, 39xx,
- Cisco Blade switches: 3130x, 3130g (Dell blade chassis in VmWare ESX environment)
- Nexus 2k, 5k, 7k
- Cisco Load balancers ACE, CSS
- Routing protocols: BGP, IGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, Static, RIP
Interested applicants please submit a MS Word Resume to email@example.com.