At this time we are encouraging EAD's, US Citizen's or Green Card holders to apply. We are not able to sponsor H1B's for this opening. We will consider doing an H1B Transfer onlyMust be able to interview in Dallas, TX in person.
70%--Operations--Understand Builds (build release), Continuous Integration
Main tools needed: Gradle, Jenkins, Tomcat, Websphere, Subversion
***Please NOTE that 1 of the 3 roles open is for a Tech Lead role with 8-10 years of experience with proven leading experience PLUS the same skills in the job description. This person will be leading this current team. The other 2 roles will be needing minimum of 5+ yrs of experience--will not be leading.***
The DevOps organization is tasked with removing barriers to delivery, while maintaining standards for Security, Manageability, Reliability, and Quality of Service. Engineers on our team will be technology generalists which can work various with development and operational teams. A successful engineer will balance operational needs with product delivery. DevOps engineers should be as comfortable working on a project team developing and troubleshooting the application software as they are debugging and troubleshooting environmental issues in development and quality assurance environments. They should be capable of implementing and building tools to enable not only development teams, but automate and enhance the overall operational environment. Experience with integration of build, database management, deployment and release management tools is as essential to the success of the engineer. They will also need to be able to create tools that may not exist to support these processes. Build, Release Management and Enterprise Software development process are the primary skills utilized on a daily basis, but the DevOps Engineer is the front line support and troubleshooting contact and as such must be able to determine how to not only fix the environment, but isolate the issue with the application and engage the appropriate team and track the issue to resolution.
A DevOps Engineer will be part of a support rotation for development and testing Unix and Solaris environment. They will support versioning, build, and monitoring system. They should be comfortable writing code and multiple languages, including Java
Experience with the following technologies is preferred…
• Jenkins---MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
• JBehave---MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
• Subversion---MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
• Tomcat---MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
• WebSphere---MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• IntelliJ IDEA
• IBM RAD
To describe the kind of person we want as an Engineer in Crew DevOps we have a list of competencies that we expect an employee, and hence a candidate, to have. Each competency has a statement describing the compatibly.
• Customer Focused
• Work is focused on the needs and requirements of our customers, both internal and external.
• Customers and Co-workers are aware of your commitments and are able to track your progress
• Your work allows and encourages collaboration by others.
• You document, train, and mentor others in your areas of expertise
• You are aware of the impact of your choices and make efforts to improve the work of others around you
• Instructing coworkers in some facet of our work that they may be less familiar with. It's also the willingness, patience and ability to help facilitate other people's work by sharing one's own expertise.
• Helps out with new team members and is available and capable of answering questions.
• Being responsible means taking ownership of a task and seeing it through to completion. It involves pulling in the necessary resources and expertise to overcome unforeseen obstacles to get the task done -- "owning" an issue or task. It also means owning up to mistakes and correcting them.
• Owns up to commitments and follows through on things they are assigned or say they'll do.
• Owning the product, the work assigned, and the work completed. Caring that the work you have done is / is not correct and responding accordingly. Willingness / desire to follow guidelines to the best of his/her ability and taking ownership of this effort.
• Intelligence involves having competence in the languages, tools, and techniques we use in delivering systems.
• Able to learn things quickly and think through things.
• Ability to understand communicated information, interpret, and apply ingested information quickly to current circumstances.
• Proactive means having the foresight to understand the long-term impacts of decisions being made, and having the ability to act to prevent future problems. It means taking appropriate actions now to optimize both our application and our work processes in the future.
• Anticipates issues and works towards solutions that keep problems from happening.
• Taking extra care upfront to prevent larger problems in the future.
The resume MUST HAVE the following skills, if not they will be passed on: