Job Description Technical Sales Engineer Responsibilities
Mattersight seeks a Technical Sales Engineer who wants to work with cutting-edge customer behavior analytics and provide technical support to the sales team. The position's primary responsibility is to comprehend a client's telephony and IT infrastructure and articulate how Mattersight's applications integrate into their environment. In addition to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills should evoke passion and confidence. This position reports to the Director of Technology Implementation.
Individuals in the Technical Sales Engineer position are responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
* Work closely with the sales team to provide technical expertise and create technical presentations, IT resource estimates, RFP responses and related proposals
* Work with clients to understand and document their technical environment
* Create and lead technical presentations with client technology teams to educate them on Mattersight's applications and how they would integrate into the their environment
* Develop a strong working relationship with Mattersight and customer technical delivery, project support and application support teams
* Proactively engage in personal development and technical training that supports the technologies being developed by Mattersight and in use by Mattersight's clients
* Domestic travel estimated to be between 0-1 nights 3-4 times per quarter
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a consulting environment. Additional requirements include:
* Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
* At least 2 years of technical sales experience
* Experience with Avaya, Cisco or Genesys telephony systems
* Interpersonal sales skills with the ability to listen, comprehend, communicate effectively and solve problems across many technical disciplines
* Strong working knowledge of hardware platforms, networks, and distributed applications is a plus
Company Skills We offer an outstanding career development opportunity, a competitive salary along with full comprehensive benefits. We are looking for individuals with a team player attitude, strong drive for career growth and a passion for excellence in client support, delivery and satisfaction.
Summary Text Corporate Culture
Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. Mattersight's Edina office fosters teamwork as well as self motivation.
Eligibility & Location
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work in the United States. The Technical Sales Engineer role will be based out of Mattersight's Edina, MN location, candidates should anticipate travel up to 25% of the time.
Mattersight is prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.
Any questions regarding the position should be communicated to Patrick Stearns, Recruiting Manager, email@example.com
For more information about Mattersight, visit www.Mattersight.com. Mattersight is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in all employment matters: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partner status, national origin, disability or medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on account of membership or affiliation with anyone in any of the foregoing categories, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Although particular legal provisions may differ in various locations in which we do business, our principles are the same worldwide.
Career Track: Behavioral Analytics
Skill Group: BA Info Tech - US