**NOTE: Only local candidates will be considered--Principals Only--NO AGENCIES Who We Are:
NaviSite, a Time Warner Cable company, is a leading provider of cloud-enabled enterprise hosting and application management services. It provides customized and scalable solutions, leveraging its industry leading hosting infrastructure; full suite of managed services; and custom and packaged application life cycle management expertise. More than 1,500 customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions delivered through its global footprint, comprised of state-of-the-art data centers supported by approximately 650 professionals. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com.
Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary, full medical/dental/life/disability insurance, etc... for all employees. We also offer extensive training in the most current technologies, as well as, college tuition reimbursement.
What You Will Do as a Sr. Network and Security Engineer, Cloud Systems:
The Sr. Network and Security Engineer, Cloud Systems is responsible for contributing to the design, implementation and direct support of customers utilizing the NaviSite NaviCloud Managed Cloud Services Platform. You will configure and maintain network equipment such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and VPN Concentrators. Experience with designing and implementing large-scale networks, network routing, switches, and internet-related networking and security technologies is required for this position.
In this position you will perform network and host-based security risk assessments, design and implement security-related improvements/enhancements to customer and internal networks and work with network and systems engineers in implementing security infrastructure such as network and host based intrusion detection
What We Are Looking For in a Sr. Network and Security Engineer, Cloud Systems:
BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or professional certifications such as ISC2 CISSP, Cisco CCIE, CCNP or CCSP are preferred. Candidiate should have five or more years of hands-on experience designing and implementing security policies and infrastructure in a multi-tenant ISP Datacenter environment. Experience supporting large-scale networks, network routing, switches and internet related networking and security technologies is required.
Candidate will have experience with networking equipment such as high end Cisco routers and switches, particularly in a fully meshed, fault-tolerant 10 Gigabit Ethernet environment. This should include hands-on experience with Cisco 7600 Series Routers and Cisco 6500 Series Catalyst Switches.
* Experience supporting infrastructure such as the Cisco Nexus 7010, Cisco Nexus 1000V, Cisco UCS Blade Servers and Fabric Extenders is desired.
* Experience with OSPF, HSRP BGP, Radius, Tacacs+ and SNMP.
* Strong experience in network and systems security, not only a key understanding of overall concepts, but also the ability to implement policies, processes and develop solutions to network and security problems.
* Experience administering and deploying firewalls, such as those from Juniper and the Cisco ASA and Cisco Firewall Service Module (FWSM).
* Experience administering and deploying network load balancers, such as Cisco CSS, Cisco ACE, F5 BigIP, and Citrix Netscaler.
* Ability to document processes, procedures and network designs clearly and accurately -- not only within our group to share the knowledge and understanding of our own systems, but also for distribution to both internal and external customers.
* Exposure to some of the following tools: Snort, Nessus, nmap, ntop, NA/Sniffer Pro, snoop, tcpdump, Wireshark and other Open Source network and security applications.
* All of our Network and Security Engineers participate in an On-Call rotation
Job code: CB: 04/17/13, navitbot
FCC Unit_TWC NAVIS
Controlling Establishment ID 00800 - Andover Minuteman