The position of HANA Database Administrator (DBA) will be part of a team whose objective and responsibility will be to support HANA systems and maintain the systems at optimal performance, availability and efficiency. The DBA will be responsible for the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance and production monitoring of database instances and associated software tools. The individual will also provide assistance and consultation to other infrastructure staff and work within cross-functional teams.
- Implementation of HANA databases at an enterprise level
- Provide expertise related to DB performance, HA, and scalability
- Database security and diagnostic maintenance
- Capacity planning of database.
- Database user security and permissions
- Database automation through OS level scripting and database level scripts or procedures
- Evaluation and utilization of software products to assist in the management of data
- Planning, installation, and maintenance of HANA DBMS software
- Support/recommend reporting, query and analysis tools ensuring efficient database access
- Diagnosis of problems and resolution for HANA software
- Measurement of DBMS performance and tuning; diagnosis of problems
- Modification of system-level configuration to optimize performance
- Interface with developers and modelers for performance and data access requirements
- Development of standards and procedures for the HANA database environment
- Consultation with system administrator regarding O/S - DBMS requirements
- Maintenance of physical integrity of all production databases
- Regularly scheduled verification procedures and error correction.
- Monitoring errors.
- Stay current with new database technology developments and techniques, research new software and tools, proactively recommend improvements
We need an excellent communicator with strong problem resolution skills who thrives on working in a team environment. In addition, we require:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 10+ years of database administration experience, preferably with DB2 LUW
- Experience supporting the SAP applications
- Experience with SAP HANA installation
- An understanding of the SAP systems, in memory database technology as well as hardware.
- Experience with SAP administration, Database Administration (DBA), SAP Business Objects installation, SAP BWA installation.
- Experience with Database high availability technologies
- Experience in Shell/Perl scripting knowledge is desirable
- 1+ years in a regulated environment (SOX, FDA, etc.) subject to compliance controls
- Experience with DB2 and AIX is preferred. However, we will consider Oracle and SQL Server DBA’s with HANA experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and team collaboration skills
- Relationship building skills