1. Pre-sales architect for data center solution designs & recommendations, with focus on server, storage and virtualization solutions
2. Directly contributes to the sale and delivery of designs & recommendations
3. Builds and maintains technical relationships with key customer stakeholders
4. Builds and maintains technical relationships with key OEM stakeholders
5. Maintains key certifications with highest tier OEM authorizations
6. Serves as technical lead for internal training of fellow team members (i.e., sales roles)
Scope of work:
The DCA is a key role contributing to the strategic direction of Pomeroy. This is a pre-sales Data Center solutions and services (back-up & recovery, server/storage/desktop virtualization, security, data migration, deduplication) role.
Executive level interaction, consultative selling and leading the delivery of successful consulting engagements.
Keeping up to date with cutting-edge/relevant industry technology, training and certifications.
Representing Pomeroy at industry events and/or seminars.
Required skills and character traits:
Strong expertise in Data Center virtualization, storage planning/design/architecture skills.
Solid understanding of Data Center infrastructure applications (databases, replication/disaster recovery, and application integration with respect to infrastructure.)
Strong consulting skills including customer presentations of services and solutions.
Positive attitude Willingness to collaborate.
Willingness to travel 60+% within Pomeroy’s domestic footprint.
An effective communicator possessing the ability to adjust the resolution of conversation based on the audience.
Expert presentation (whiteboarding) skills to small and large groups.
Advanced server and/or storage certifications.
Understanding of HP, EMC, Cisco, VMware, Citrix configuration and quoting tools.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) required. Advanced engineering degree highly desirable 60+% travel; this employee will be based out of a local regional office and will be reimbursed for business related travel expenses, according to corporate policy.
Pomeroy is an Equal Opportunity Employer W/M/D/V.