Our client’s GSOC (Global Security Operations Center) is responsible for the information security of Enterprise and Government clients. The GSOC provides managed services to prevent and respond to computer security incidents, to comply with various Customer Requirements, Federal and State privacy, and security laws and regulations and to comply with contracts that include information security requirements. The GSOC Team also leads information security initiatives to protect confidential information, including intellectual property, as well as research and personal information.
The Security Engineer leads the execution of information security activities and provides guidance to lower tiers within the GSOC to ensure that information systems are implemented and operating in accordance with:
a) Customer requirements
b) Information security best practices
c) Our client’s Policy and Federal and State laws and regulations.
The position requires participation in the shift rotation to support a 24X7 security operations center. This position calls for a high level of integrity, good judgment, knowledge concerning issues of privacy and confidentiality, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work as an independent, productive, responsible, self-motivated member of a team in high pressure situations while maintaining a calm, customer-friendly perspective.
- Perform systems and network analysis of intrusions to the network infrastructure, applications, operating systems, firewalls, proxy devices, malware detection and more in a fast-paced environment
- Perform in-depth network security analysis and work with the GSOC analyst team conducting preliminary incident response, event analysis and threat intelligence
- Monitor information security alerts to respond, triage, and escalate as needed
- Perform continual monitoring of the environment to an effort to locate and remediate unauthorized activity
- Review security events that are detrimental to the overall security posture; analyze and detect sophisticated and nuanced attacks, discern false positives
- Provide both strategic analysis and near real-time auditing, investigating, reporting, and remediation, coordinating and tracking of security-related activities for customers
- Process intelligence from various information security sources and integrate with protection devices
- Perform correlation of events from network, enterprise and host sensors
- Support information security projects
- Assist in compliance efforts, processing security-related services, change control, security research
- Risk analysis, vulnerability testing
- Conducting information security systems analysis
- Utilizing a variety of information security and computer tools
- Function as a member of the information security team
Required Technical Skills:
Education and knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience (i.e., network security, operating system security, Internet/web security, IDS/IPS, penetration & vulnerability testing)
- 3+ years of experience in an Information Security role
- 5+ year of experience in an Information Technology role
- Strong knowledge of policies, procedures, audits, and risk management
- Computer Crime Laws and Regulations, Investigation Measures and Incident Response
- Physical Environmental Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Countermeasures
- Penetration Testing and vulnerability assessment experience
Demonstrated Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience in information security, ideally in multi-platform environments
- Operating systems knowledge and systems administration skills for various versions of UNIX, LINUX, and Windows
- Experience with network protocols and packet analysis tools, such as Wireshark
- Experience with analyzing security attacks and exploits
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and code
- Ability to understand and utilize HTTP and similar protocols for analysis and troubleshooting
- Access Control Concepts, Methodologies, and Techniques
- Cryptography, Key Algorithms, Key Distribution and Key Management
- Experience in the evaluation of new technology and security threats as they arise
- Familiarity with information security best practices
- Demonstrated documentation skills including creation of project metric reports and the creation of communication plans and change control documents
Interpersonal Skills Desired:
- Good judgment with an ability to form logical approaches consistent with information security best practices in response to information security events, while providing excellent customer service.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks accurately and efficiently
- A high level of integrity, excellent judgment and knowledge concerning issues of privacy.
- Ability to work as an independent, productive, responsible, self-motivated member of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, policies, and procedures to individuals with a wide range of expertise and backgrounds.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively.
- Ability to manage time-sensitive security challenges as they arise, effectively utilizing work and project plans to manage deadlines.
- Creativity to recognize and address new threats and security challenges as they arise.
- The Information System Security Analyst requires enterprise IT experience in three (3) or more of the following areas:
- Web applications
- Cloud computing
- SaaS models
- Desktop applications
- Networking concepts and fluent in multiple Windows and Linux operating systems
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience within a technical security role (i.e., network security, operating system security, Internet/web security, DLP, anti-malware, IDS/IPS, penetration & vulnerability testing), internet security
- The ability to read and understand vulnerability bulletins, security event data from many sources.
Other Preferred Skills or Certifications:
- Professional certifications from bodies such as CompTIA Security+, Network+, SANS GSEC, and/or equivalent.
- General IT related certifications are also desired.
- Innovative Mindset
- Data Correlation and Analysis
- Critical thinking skills
About the company:
Join one of the fastest growing Cyber Security companies in Tampa Bay. Our client is a very fast growing company known for working collaboratively and independently with their employees and believes in promoting from within. They offer an opportunity to get into the IT Security field where you can grow your career. Pratt, Brown & Associates, LLC and our client are both EOEs’.
Pratt, Brown & Associates, LLC and our client are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Pratt, Brown & Associates, LLC and our client are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If this position does not meet all of your requirements, we welcome you to contact us with your resume or review our website, www.prattbrown.com or www.dice.com for other openings. In addition, we have additional opportunities that may not be listed and we would be happy to match your skills with other available jobs. Please e-mail your resume with your salary requirements to email@example.com. We look forward to helping you find a job opportunity that best fits your needs.