Thi sis a 12-18 month contract supporting a large financial institution. Interested candidates please respond with your resume and I"ll respond within 24 hours.
The key skills required are RHEL, Solaris and Veritas Volume Manager experience.
• UNIX SUPPORT: Provide UNIX system and servers support to business users. Includes trouble-shooting problems or projects related activities. Handle escalated issues, and provide technical resolutions to on-site staff members.
• ADMIN will provide onsite UNIX support for Data Centers in DC Metropolitan area.
• PROJECTS: Work with guidance on several concurrent projects in a highly dynamic environment. Assume the technical responsibility on multiple projects simultaneously; interface with customers in order to resolve technical system, application, and end user issues.
• INTEGRATION: Support the integration and implementation of UNIX systems and applications, and provide operational support for same.
• INSTALLATION: Install and configure Sun Solaris Servers and related systems; assist business users and Unix Engineers with the setup and installation of their applications and tests within the UNIX environment.
• ENGINEERING: Work with other technical teams, gather requirements; determine, document, and propose viable solutions against these requirements. With guidance from Senior System Administrators, plan and implement these solutions in cooperation other system administrators and technical teams.
• PROBLEM RESOLUTION: Perform root cause analysis and determine cause of problems in order to develop specific solution to an issue
• Resource to assist in hardware evaluation, infrastructure builds, integration and deployment of new software and databases. Cross work stream resource.