The NOC Technician is responsible for processing trouble tickets, coordinating customers and repair staff, and troubleshooting network issues. The key role is to document and guide the resolution of problems with the customer and with the network. This position also involves some Incident Management.
Technologies include: - Dark Fiber - DWDM - SONET - UPSR - Ciena / Nortel - Juniper - Cisco - IP & TDM Networks
- Open and maintain trouble tickets
- L1/L2 Troubleshooting of network issues on Enterprise and Carrier grade circuits and equipment
- Working with other service providers to resolve their network issues, troubleshooting to isolate faults
- Interacting with Operations and Engineering groups
- Taking overflow support calls from other NOC staff
- Watch & Utilize network management software to isolate problems in real-time.
- Investigate alarms and follow through using proper, timely troubleshooting procedures.
- Resolve incidents within defined SLA timeframes.
- Coordinate and help manage maintenance event / change requests
- Assist customers with new circuit test & turn-up
- Escalate trouble tickets utilizing escalation procedures.
- Suggest updates and/or new procedures for the NOC
- MPLS, ATM, and SONET Circuit & System familiarity
- Confidently manage outage or trouble incidents, and communicate progress with company and its customers
- Handle multiple customers and customer support via phone and email