Plays an active role in the life cycle stages of planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing and support of Corporate Business Intelligence solutions and related components.** Understands business requirements, challenges and translates them into business solutions.* *Provides technical input during the planning, analysis and design phases of complex and *sophisticated Business Intelligence solutions.* Should have ability to map data between source systems and data warehouse.** Must have data analysis and problem solving abilities.** Understands ETL architecture and processing.** Is active in the validation stage in order to ensure top quality deliverables.* Plays an integral role in cross-functional system integration. **Mentors staff and is dedicated to a collaborative working style.* Works collaboratively with all business users to find ways to add value to their reporting and analytical needs.
- Gathers and documents business requirements and translates business requirements into technical requirements.
- Responsible for translating business requirements into prototypes and end state products.
- Provides time and effort estimates and leads projects of various complexity.
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of Business Objects back end components (e.g. Universe, data connections, data extractors).
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of Business Objects Solutions (e.g. Reports, dashboards).
- Documents development work and provides status on progress.
- Writes and Executes QA Test Plans.
- Leads, participates and provides input during design review sessions and code review sessions with peers.**
- Participates in establishing and maintaining BI best practices and standards.
- Becomes Subject Matter Expert and serves as the Go-To person for BI solutions.
- Provides business and production support (24X7 duty pager rotation) as needed.
- 8 plus years*of Data Warehouse experience.
- 6 plus years of Business Objects reports design and development experience.
- 5 plus years of Business Objects universe design and development experience.
- 3 plus years of*Xcelsius Dashboard design and development experience (QAAWS).
- 3 plus years of Business Objects Server administration and security experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle 11g and higher.
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL tools such as TOAD.
- Solid analytical skills and strong customer focus.
- Experience with and can recommend Data Warehouse data modeling, design and architecture solutions.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office tools.
- PVCS or equivalent version control.
*Some knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of ETL architecture and processing.
- Experience with Netezza and/or Oracle.
- Experience with retail and financial data is a plus.
- Experience with Data Quality tools is a plus.
- Unix knowledge and shell scripting (Korn/Perl).
- Knowledge of Citrix and VMware.
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills; speaks and writes clearly and concisely.
- *Detail oriented.
- *Good follow- up skills.
- *Ability to give direction to others.
- *Self managed.
- *Demonstrates the desire to learn.
Desired Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or*equivalent technical work experience.
- Business Object Certification Professional (BOCP BOE).
- Project Management Certifications (PMP).