Are you a .NET developer looking to work on cutting/bleeding edge development? Under direct supervision of the Application Manager, Team Lead or other management team member, the Software Engineer will participate in the development, customization and integration efforts of enterprise solutions involving custom business applications built using the Microsoft .NET language tools and Hadoop framework. This development will be done using an Agile methodology. Hadoop experience is not a must.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop computer software and/or hardware systems
- Design, produce, test and debug software from functional specifications.
- Develop documentation of processes and procedures.
- Work with the user community to identify opportunities for improvement
- Analysis and tuning of given systems or procedures
- Provide user training as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Programming, Computer Science, MISTechnical certifications as they relate to the most recent versions of .NET and/or SQL Server are a plus.
- Knowledge of SOA is required
- Knowledge of C#, ASP, .Net Framework (2.0, 3.0, 4.0), Silverlight, HTML (4.0, 5.0), MVC or Entity Framework, Linq, RIA Services is a plus.
- Knowledge of Hadoop is plus
- Ability to follow clear, explicit instructions.
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership potential
- Internship or coursework experience developing windows or web applications
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all business levels, requiring tact, judgment, and composure.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer