Candidates can live anywhere in the continental U.S. Travel required 40 - 60%.
A Senior Security Consultant on the Security Assessment team serves as a technical leader and possesses extensive practical experience as a highly skilled penetration tester capable of performing complex assessments while maintaining a business focus on meeting client demands. This position will work both independently and as part of a team to perform Security Assessments to include: Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Tests, Wireless Security Assessments and Social Engineering. A Senior Security Consultant is viewed as a leader on the team, providing technical leadership and contributing to the development of the Security Assessment practice.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess an organization’s network security posture through the use of automated tools and manual techniques to identify and verify common security vulnerabilities
- Use creative approaches to identify vulnerabilities that are commonly missed in security assessments
- Exploit vulnerabilities and identify specific, meaningful risks to clients based on industry and business focus
- Perform complex wireless attacks both against wireless clients and access points
- Use social engineering techniques to obtain sensitive information, network access and physical access to client sites
- Assess physical security controls by lock picking, camera evasion, tailgating, dumpster diving and other evasive techniques
- Execute opportunistic, blended and chained attack scenarios that combine multiple weaknesses to compromise client environments
- Create comprehensive assessment reports that clearly identify root cause and remediation strategies
- Interface with client personnel to gather information, clarify scope and investigate security controls
- Execute projects using FishNet Security’s established methodology, tools and documentation
- Report to FishNet Security management and Project Managers and provide weekly status reports
- Act as Technical Lead on projects; Ensure the engagement is executed as scoped, that attacks are taken to their fullest potential and that creative, complex and blended attacks are used to further add value to engagements
- Mentor Consultants in both technical and consultative skills to ensure the team executes at a consistently high level
- Improve methodologies, toolsets and offerings through collaborative development work and by updating team documentation
- Champion accomplishments of other team members and encourage collaboration
- Maintain industry credentials/certifications
- Participate in industry conferences to include delivering presentations
- Actively contribute to 6Labs (FishNet Security Thought Leadership forum)
- Provide support in the ongoing development of security assessment offerings through tool creation and process improvement
- Assist in pre-sales activities to include SoW and proposal development and serving as a subject matter expert to help sales align solutions with client requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related area of study; or four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Minimum 5 years of Information Security experience required.
Minimum 3 years of practice specific experience required.
Experience performing Security Assessments work (vulnerability, penetration tests, wireless security and social engineering) for at least the past year required.
Minimum 3 years of client facing consulting experience required.
OSCP, OSCE, GIAC, CISSP certifications strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects using well-defined methodology across various security assessment disciplines including:
- Network Vulnerability Assessments
- Penetration Tests
- Wireless Network Security Assessments
- Social Engineering (Telephony, onsite and remote pre-texting, spear phishing, etc.)
- Physical Security Assessments (Tailgating, lock picking, camera evasion, dumpster diving, etc.)
- VoIP Security & War Dialing
- Product/Hardware Security Assessments
- Web application Vulnerability Assessments (SQLi, XSS, Session management issues, etc.)
- Ability to combine multiple separate findings to identify complex blended vulnerabilities required.
- Ability to identify, describe and report vulnerabilities and standard remediation activities, to include clear demonstration of risk to clients through post-exploitation activities required.
- Mastery of commercial and open source security tools required (e.g. Nessus, Nexpose, SAINT, Qualys, Burp, Nmap, Kali, Metasploit, Meterpreter, Wireshark, Kismet, Aircrack-ng etc.).
- Familiarity with many different network architectures, network services, system types, network devices, development platforms and software suites required (e.g. Linux, Windows, Cisco, Oracle, Active Directory, JBoss, .NET, etc.) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive assessment reports required.
- Must be able to work well with customers and self-manage through difficult situations, focus on client satisfaction required.
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives required.
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams required.
- Proven ability to review and revise reports written by peers required.
- Experienced at writing technical proposals, statements of work, white papers, presentations and project documentation. Strong attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and ability to take on large and complex projects with little or no supervision required.
- Motivation to constantly improve processes and methodologies required.
- Passion for creating tools and automation to make common tasks more efficient required.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting for development of security tools required.
- Ability to deliver presentations at industry conferences, write blog posts required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Recognition in the security community for speaking preferred.
- Published white papers preferred.
- Strong programming skills (Python, Ruby, Node.js, C/C++, Assembly, etc.) preferred.
- Reverse engineering/Binary analysis experience (firmware, x89 applications, etc.) preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to travel anywhere domestically/internationally travel by air, train, taxi, car or bus for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, to be physically capable of “war walking/driving” on a large corporate campus to perform wireless assessments.
Ability to perform evasion techniques and social engineering tasks to include dumpster diving and other physically demanding tasks necessary to infiltrate a clients facility/organization
FNS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, handicap, disability, religion, national origin, military service, or any other protected category. We have established an Affirmative Action program to initiate and promote equal employment opportunities. As an Affirmative Action Employer, we make every effort to ensure that our workforce represents the diversity of our labor market and that minority group members are given full consideration for development and advancement within our employment structure.