THIS POSITION IS OPEN/NATIONAL. CANDIDATE MUST BE OPEN TO 50-65% TRAVEL.
This is a consulting position requiring project oriented experience and a technical background in security and networking fundamentals. This position provides the opportunity to participate in multiple areas of the consulting role such as pre-sales, requirements collection, scope design and execution of implementation services as well as creation of project specific documents. Travel out of the local area will vary and is expected.
- Provide on-site implementation and consulting services for the security products / services that FNS represents, including, but not limited to Check Point, Juniper, Secure Computing, F5, McAfee, Blue Coat, etc...
- Provide leadership by aiding in product research, following up on open issues and acting as an escalation of contact
- Assist Team Leader with day to day issues as they relate to Engineering engagements
- Communicate critical client issues to management and/or escalation engineering staff
- Provide weekly reports of Engineering activity as defined by management
- Assist other Engineering or Support Center staff with lab systems configurations to replicate client issues
- Assist in the creation of client systems profiles and Statements of Work (SoW) using Microsoft desktop applications. (Visio, Word, Excel, Access, etc...)
- May be required to be on-call after hours and weekends on a rotating basis
- Will act as front-line point of escalation on assigned client engagements
- Maintain technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills on the FNS supported products and services
- Will be dispatched to customer sites to assist and/or facilitate repair or installation of supported products
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Candidates must be proficient with FNS supported products, have extensive desktop/networking experience, application software experience and be proficient with Microsoft and UNIX/Linux based operating systems.
- Candidates must also be willing to work with minimal supervision to accomplish the assigned tasks.
- Working knowledge of Internetworking, knowledge of TCP/IP routing and configurations, experience with networking, network design, along with previous security systems experience is required for success.
- Extensive knowledge of security products such as Authentication, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, and a variety of other related security technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
FNS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, handicap, disability, religion, national origin, military service, or any other protected category. We have established an Affirmative Action program to initiate and promote equal employment opportunities. As an Affirmative Action Employer, we make every effort to ensure that our workforce represents the diversity of our labor market and that minority group members are given full consideration for development and advancement within our employment structure.